New (to me) Audi S8

Old November 16th 04, 08:49 AM
LIW

Default New (to me) Audi S8

Well, I was asking about Audi A6s, which I fully intended to lease or buy.

But then, I have been watching an S-8 gather dust on my dealer's lot for
many months. After driving the new 2005 A6 in both engine configurations,
I decided to drive the S-8 again (I had driven it several months ago when
the price was higher). I suggested that if I could get it for my price, I
would buy it on the spot. Several hours of discussing this later, and I
have a Silver 2002 S8 with 22,000 miles on it, in my garage.

This is a Certified Pre-owned, with a 6 year, 100,000 mile warranty.

Now I have a question. The Navigation system didn't have CD disc, and I'm
wondering if the updated CD from the new A6/A8s can be used, even though
there isn't a large screen in the S8.

In any event, coming out of my Mercedes S420, this is like driving a
stealthy muscle car. And I love the lit white indicators on the red
background at night.

Old November 16th 04, 08:43 PM
JMurph

So did you buy the 2002 S8 for the price of a 2005 a6?
I love the S4; never drove an S8, but it must be great.
Old November 17th 04, 04:14 AM
LIW

"JMurph" > wrote in message
m...
> So did you buy the 2002 S8 for the price of a 2005 a6?
> I love the S4; never drove an S8, but it must be great.

Basically, yes, depending on the real prices for the A6 versus the MSRP.
But if MSRP runs from $45,000 to $55,000 for a new A6, my car slotted in
with the Certified Pre-Owned warranty extension. Audi says my car went
into service on 12/31/01 as an 02 model, so my factory warranty and
"free"maintenance lasts until 12/31/05. My extended warranty then goes two
more years to 12/31/ 07, so not quite as good as a new car. This one has
Zender aftermarket 19 inch chromed wheels with Pilot tires (not so good for
snow, good for dry weather) front and rear heated seats, ski bag, six CD
stacker in dash (standard?) and so on. Silver over black.

It has buttons on the wheel for the tiptronic which is a bit like the F1
paddle method of driving, and the increased sized Brembo brakes, which I
think your S4 has also. Of course the S8 weighs 4000 pounds despite the
suspension and car being aluminum.

So far, it is a terrific car.

Audi All Road reliability LIW Audi 2 November 3rd 04 09:39 PM
audi facts may be of interest news.blueyonder.co.uk Audi 0 October 28th 04 01:35 PM
audi cd for pc news.blueyonder.co.uk Audi 1 October 7th 04 09:51 PM
Will '96 Audi A6 A/C condensor fit in a '93 Audi 90-S? Ardo Audi 2 July 29th 04 02:17 PM
Audi Picture R. de Jong Audi 0 July 27th 04 04:08 PM