What year is my super beetle?

Old March 27th 06, 02:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Default What year is my super beetle?

I have a Super Beetle that I'm not sure what year it is. There is no
registration and inside the drivers side door the sticker says:
Manufactured by Volkswagenmerk AG 12/73

Would this be a 1973 or 1974 bug?

Old March 27th 06, 03:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Derek wrote:

> I have a Super Beetle that I'm not sure what year it is. There is no
> registration and inside the drivers side door the sticker says:
> Manufactured by Volkswagenmerk AG 12/73
>
> Would this be a 1973 or 1974 bug?

'74.

Pull the back seat up.
Stamped in the center tunnel you will find the VIN.
It should be in the format:

134 2XXX XXX

"3" indicates SuperBeetle
"4" indicates 1974 model year

Speedy Jim
http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/
Old March 27th 06, 06:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Very cool!

The VIN is: 1342368386

Can you tell me anything more about this beetle?

Derek

. com...

Old March 27th 06, 03:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

"Derek" > schreef in bericht
t...
> Very cool!
>
> The VIN is: 1342368386
>
> Can you tell me anything more about this beetle?
>
> Derek

The doorsticker is correct; dec '73
For further detailed info try this link:
http://www.dropgates.com/resto/identitycert.html

Roger

Old March 27th 06, 06:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Derek wrote:

> Very cool!
>
> The VIN is: 1342368386
>
> Can you tell me anything more about this beetle?
>
> Derek

If you are really interested in the mechanics of it,
buy this manual:
http://www.bentleypublishers.com/product.htm?code=v179

They have other titles on that site too.

You can search eBay also for : VW Manual (or similar)

Speedy Jim
http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/

> "Speedy Jim" > wrote in message
> . com...
>
>>Derek wrote:
>>

>>>I have a Super Beetle that I'm not sure what year it is. There is no
>>>registration and inside the drivers side door the sticker says:
>>>Manufactured by Volkswagenmerk AG 12/73
>>>
>>>Would this be a 1973 or 1974 bug?

>>'74.
>>
>>Pull the back seat up.
>>Stamped in the center tunnel you will find the VIN.
>>It should be in the format:
>>
>>134 2XXX XXX
>>
>>"3" indicates SuperBeetle
>>"4" indicates 1974 model year
>>

>>Speedy Jim
>>http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/

1971 VW Super Beetle Convertible FS Arkansas T-Rex-AR VW air cooled 1 March 6th 06 05:36 PM
HONDA VEHICLES WIN CAR, TRUCK OF THE YEAR (09-January-2006) Scott Honda 1 January 14th 06 01:50 PM
73 Super Beetle TerryB VW air cooled 5 October 28th 05 02:00 PM
1974 Super Beetle turn signal/flasher relay ITman VW water cooled 4 July 22nd 05 06:38 AM
last year for the standard Beetle ? Iowa883 VW air cooled 22 February 5th 05 02:19 PM