Dang Furriners

Old December 29th 04, 07:58 PM
Matthew Russotto

In article ich.edu>,
Daniel J. Stern > wrote:
>On Tue, 28 Dec 2004, The Real Bev wrote:
>
>> Sic transit gloria competence.

>Or, sick transit glorifies incompetence.

Shouldn't the OP have "Sic transit competence mundi" -- "Thus passes the
competence of the world" in fake Latin. "Sic transit gloria
competence" means "Thus passes the glory of competence" in fake Latin.
Old December 29th 04, 09:16 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004, Matthew Russotto wrote:

> >> Sic transit gloria competence.

> >Or, sick transit glorifies incompetence.

> Shouldn't the OP have "Sic transit competence mundi" -- "Thus passes the
> competence of the world" in fake Latin. "Sic transit gloria competence"
> means "Thus passes the glory of competence" in fake Latin.

De profundis e pluribus in interstatus XXV clamo ad hoc: nihil tamquam
temporis momentum ultimatum incitat!

Old December 29th 04, 09:16 PM
Daniel J. Stern

Old December 30th 04, 01:34 AM
The Real Bev

Matthew Russotto wrote:

> Daniel J. Stern > wrote:
> >On Tue, 28 Dec 2004, The Real Bev wrote:
> >
> >> Sic transit gloria competence.

> >Or, sick transit glorifies incompetence.

> Shouldn't the OP have "Sic transit competence mundi" -- "Thus passes the
> competence of the world" in fake Latin. "Sic transit gloria
> competence" means "Thus passes the glory of competence" in fake Latin.

That's what I meant. I guess I should have said "competenci" or proper
equivalent, but I've already been chewed out for forgetting what little
smattering of latin I once had. "Competent" used to mean something
pretty damn good, but now it just means C-work.

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old December 30th 04, 01:34 AM
The Real Bev

Old December 30th 04, 03:57 AM
The Real Bev

DTJ wrote:

> (Brent P) wrote:
>
> >> MFFY is a problem for all races and nations, but it is a particular
> >> problem for the dark and yellow races.

> >Um actually I find it most popular amung rich white folk....

EVERYBODY does it, more or less, if they can get away with it.
Otherwise lines would never move forward -- everybody would be saying
"After you, Alphonse."

> Maybe, but don't confuse condescension for those less fortunate as
> racism. Racism requires the behavior to have been due to the dislike
> of the person for no reason other than race. Sometimes people hate
> everyone equally, which is not racism.

Why do we have to hate people to wish they were better drivers? I'm
sorry that quite a few newcomers to the US don't learn to drive until
they're in their 40s or 50s, but is it racism to observe that most of
the crappy driving happens in places where driving-inexperienced
newcomers congregate?

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old December 30th 04, 03:57 AM
The Real Bev

Old December 30th 04, 03:59 AM
Arif Khokar

Brent P wrote:

> Made up versions of the vehicle code often to lead to MFFY driving....

Or enabling MFFY driving.
Old December 30th 04, 03:59 AM
Arif Khokar

Old December 30th 04, 04:01 AM
fbloogyudsr

"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in
> On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 02:02:38 GMT, DTJ > wrote:
>>Racism is bad. Reverse racism is just as bad, if not worse, because
>>it perpetuates racism.

> But dem ribs is dayam good!

Scott, you and others (although I have DTJ blocked so I shouldn't
complain about him) are ****ing me off with all this crap. Please
stop. You can't tell by looking at someone who is a foreigner, you
can't tell by listening to them, you can't tell from their driving habits,
etc., etc., etc.

There have been some many racist comments on this ng that I'm
almost to the point of un-subscribing because the general tone is
so abhorrent to me.

Floyd Rogers