Strange light on my Spider.

Old June 30th 05, 03:13 PM
MatC

Default Strange light on my Spider.

Picked up my Spider (2.0 Lusso 2001) last weekend, only one problem with it,
there is a red light on the dashboard It looks like a seatbelt or airbag
light.
The previous owner tells me it's a common problem with these, and it just
needs to go into the garage to be reset.
Looking through the paperwork that came with the car it's been reset once,
with a note "contacts cleaned", is this just a normal problem and I should
leave it, or does it need looking at ASAP? Is there anyway I can clear it
myself?

Cheers

Mat

Old June 30th 05, 03:57 PM
Catman

MatC wrote:

> Picked up my Spider (2.0 Lusso 2001) last weekend, only one problem with
> it, there is a red light on the dashboard It looks like a seatbelt or
> airbag light.
> The previous owner tells me it's a common problem with these, and it just
> needs to go into the garage to be reset.
> Looking through the paperwork that came with the car it's been reset once,
> with a note "contacts cleaned", is this just a normal problem and I should
> leave it, or does it need looking at ASAP? Is there anyway I can clear it
> myself?

Personally, first time, I'd get it checked by a pro, in case it does
indicate a problem. You might be able to reset it, which could be useful
cos AIUI if it's airbag, it's an MOT fail. ISTBC

Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7 75 TS 156 TS S2
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old July 1st 05, 04:32 PM
Synapse Syndrome

"Catman" > wrote in message
> MatC wrote:
>
>> Picked up my Spider (2.0 Lusso 2001) last weekend, only one problem with
>> it, there is a red light on the dashboard It looks like a seatbelt or
>> airbag light.
>> The previous owner tells me it's a common problem with these, and it just
>> needs to go into the garage to be reset.
>> Looking through the paperwork that came with the car it's been reset
>> once,
>> with a note "contacts cleaned", is this just a normal problem and I
>> should
>> leave it, or does it need looking at ASAP? Is there anyway I can clear it
>> myself?

> Personally, first time, I'd get it checked by a pro, in case it does
> indicate a problem. You might be able to reset it, which could be useful
> cos AIUI if it's airbag, it's an MOT fail. ISTBC

If it was a problem it wouldn't be lit. These are Italian electrics after
all.

ss.

Old July 1st 05, 04:44 PM
Halmyre

Catman wrote:

> MatC wrote:
>

>>Picked up my Spider (2.0 Lusso 2001) last weekend, only one problem with
>>it, there is a red light on the dashboard It looks like a seatbelt or
>>airbag light.
>>The previous owner tells me it's a common problem with these, and it just
>>needs to go into the garage to be reset.
>>Looking through the paperwork that came with the car it's been reset once,
>>with a note "contacts cleaned", is this just a normal problem and I should
>>leave it, or does it need looking at ASAP? Is there anyway I can clear it
>>myself?

> Personally, first time, I'd get it checked by a pro, in case it does
> indicate a problem. You might be able to reset it, which could be useful
> cos AIUI if it's airbag, it's an MOT fail. ISTBC

My 156 passed its MOT even though the airbag warning light was on. It
might depend on where you get it tested, though.

--
Halmyre

Old July 1st 05, 04:59 PM
Catman

Synapse Syndrome wrote:

> "Catman" > wrote in message
>> MatC wrote:
>>
>>> Picked up my Spider (2.0 Lusso 2001) last weekend, only one problem with
>>> it, there is a red light on the dashboard It looks like a seatbelt or
>>> airbag light.
>>> The previous owner tells me it's a common problem with these, and it
>>> just needs to go into the garage to be reset.
>>> Looking through the paperwork that came with the car it's been reset
>>> once,
>>> with a note "contacts cleaned", is this just a normal problem and I
>>> should
>>> leave it, or does it need looking at ASAP? Is there anyway I can clear
>>> it myself?

>> Personally, first time, I'd get it checked by a pro, in case it does
>> indicate a problem. You might be able to reset it, which could be useful
>> cos AIUI if it's airbag, it's an MOT fail. ISTBC
>>

> If it was a problem it wouldn't be lit. These are Italian electrics after
> all.

You may have a point
Old July 1st 05, 04:59 PM
Catman

Halmyre wrote:

> Catman wrote:
>
>> MatC wrote:
>>

>>>Picked up my Spider (2.0 Lusso 2001) last weekend, only one problem with
>>>it, there is a red light on the dashboard It looks like a seatbelt or
>>>airbag light.
>>>The previous owner tells me it's a common problem with these, and it just
>>>needs to go into the garage to be reset.
>>>Looking through the paperwork that came with the car it's been reset
>>>once, with a note "contacts cleaned", is this just a normal problem and I
>>>should leave it, or does it need looking at ASAP? Is there anyway I can
>>>clear it myself?

>> Personally, first time, I'd get it checked by a pro, in case it does
>> indicate a problem. You might be able to reset it, which could be useful
>> cos AIUI if it's airbag, it's an MOT fail. ISTBC
>>

> My 156 passed its MOT even though the airbag warning light was on. It
> might depend on where you get it tested, though.

I suspect it does.
Old July 1st 05, 10:47 PM
Halmyre

Catman wrote:
> Halmyre wrote:
>

>>Catman wrote:

>>>Personally, first time, I'd get it checked by a pro, in case it does
>>>indicate a problem. You might be able to reset it, which could be useful
>>>cos AIUI if it's airbag, it's an MOT fail. ISTBC
>>>

>>My 156 passed its MOT even though the airbag warning light was on. It
>>might depend on where you get it tested, though.
>>

> I suspect it does.

A small piece of black electrician's tape, suitably applied, might do
the trick...

--
Halmyre

Old July 8th 05, 12:37 PM
MatC

"Halmyre" > wrote in message
> Catman wrote:
>> Halmyre wrote:

>>>My 156 passed its MOT even though the airbag warning light was on. It
>>>might depend on where you get it tested, though.
>>>

>> I suspect it does.

> A small piece of black electrician's tape, suitably applied, might do the
> trick...
>
> --
> Halmyre

Think I'll go fing the tape for the time being, the cars just been
serviced...

Poorly setup stop light Paul Driving 7 May 19th 05 10:25 PM
2001 Civic EX check engine light [email protected] Honda 0 March 6th 05 08:35 AM
Golf ESP warning light - any known issues? [email protected] VW water cooled 0 February 8th 05 10:37 PM
clint, in pears strange and light, pulls throughout it, measuring weekly Carol Technology 0 January 17th 05 01:49 PM
they frantically smell above light strange forests Reverend Oris L. Urech Technology 0 January 17th 05 12:29 PM