1994 3.3L Intrepid will not start

Old August 11th 08, 02:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Rick_T

Default 1994 3.3L Intrepid will not start

I have a difficult no-start problem on a 1994 Dodge Intrepid 3.3L.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
As reported to me, the car was running when the engine suddenly died;
then no-start.
So far:
No codes
No check engine light at all, even during the initial seconds after
the key is put into the on position
No spark
Cam and crank sensors check out good
Coil pack measures good (resistance), no power going to it
No power (8V) to the cam and crank sensors from the PCM, no power to
the coil pack from the PCM
ASD relay and fuel pump relay do not energize when the key is put in
the “on” position.
12V is through the ASD and FP relays in the power distribution block
(engine left side) and goes into terminal 51 of the PCM but they don’t
energize.
Engine does crank but no start
Removed all sensor plugs to see if 8V output would come from PCM, it
did not.
All fuses are good
Measured 47 ohms to ground on all PCM lines that run to ground
Replaced PCM, no change

Regards,

Rick

Thread archive: http://www.AutoBoardz.com/1994-3L-In...ict248453.html
Old August 11th 08, 09:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
aarcuda69062

In article <1208179_e7515d314dc6ac1fd6d5380c81e03fd6@autoboar dz.com>,
Rick_T > wrote:

> I have a difficult no-start problem on a 1994 Dodge Intrepid 3.3L.
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.
> As reported to me, the car was running when the engine suddenly died;
> then no-start.
> So far:
> No codes
> No check engine light at all, even during the initial seconds after
> the key is put into the on position
> No spark
> Cam and crank sensors check out good
> Coil pack measures good (resistance), no power going to it
> No power (8V) to the cam and crank sensors from the PCM, no power to
> the coil pack from the PCM
> ASD relay and fuel pump relay do not energize when the key is put in
> the “on” position.
> 12V is through the ASD and FP relays in the power distribution block
> (engine left side) and goes into terminal 51 of the PCM but they don’t
> energize.
> Engine does crank but no start
> Removed all sensor plugs to see if 8V output would come from PCM, it
> did not.
> All fuses are good
> Measured 47 ohms to ground on all PCM lines that run to ground
> Replaced PCM, no change
>

> Regards,
>
> Rick

Do you have 12 volts at PCM pin #3 from the battery?

Do you have 12 volts at PCM pin #9 with the ignition turned on?