It's been a while...

Old January 3rd 05, 03:01 PM
michelle

Default It's been a while...

I used to post to this newsgroup quite a bit after buying my '62
convertible Beetle (I had a '76 Beetle Sedan and still have a '00 New
Beetle as well). I went through a divorce and ran out of spare time
and funds during that fun process, but I'm ready to get back into
working on my '62. It's good to see some of the same people are still
active on here after a couple of years (Jan and John Henry amongst
others). I'm sure I'll have some questions. I took my car apart so
long ago that I'm not sure I remember how to put her back together. :-)

Old January 3rd 05, 05:39 PM
dragenwagen

I remember you. I think... Reflex Yellow '00 beetle. Video store? Green,
rusty 76 beetle? Chemical stripping and sandblasting a '62 vert in the
garage?

Good to see ya Back!

--
************************************************** **************
dragenwagen

oups.com...

Old January 3rd 05, 06:22 PM
michelle

Yes, same person. I remember you too :-) The video store was my ex's
business, and the rusty '76 went to him in the divorce. The
sandblasting and chemical stripping paint was me though (and sadly
enough, I still have two areas left to do after all this time). You
have a good memory!

These days I make jewelry ( www.trinitylondon.com ) but I'm not hosting
all of the pages about restoring my Beetle on there like I did on my
ex-husband's video store site. LOL

Old January 3rd 05, 07:04 PM
dragenwagen

Thats good you still have a VW! I still have a semi rusty 69 that I have
neglected for the past year and a half : (
But I did get a '66 in good shape.
I try to remember people on ramva by the cars they have.
Good luck on the 'vert!

--
************************************************** **************
dragenwagen
1966 Type I - Daily Driver
1969 Type I - Undergoing heater channel replacement
http://www.ramva.org/dragenwagen
"Old VW's Don't Leak Oil, They Mark Their Territory."
************************************************** **************

oups.com...

Old January 3rd 05, 09:35 PM
Mike C.

Congratulations on your new-found liberty. Hope the beetles are still
working for ya'

Mike

oups.com...

Old January 5th 05, 04:24 AM
Jay McGraw

Yeah, I remember that was one of the sites I watched on a regular basis. I
was bummed when it disappeared. How's the project going...any progress since
then?

Nice to have you back!

Jay

oups.com...

Old January 5th 05, 06:48 PM
michelle

Hmmm... well, if you remember what it looked like when the site went
down, unfortunately, that's what it still looks like. The only
difference is that it is surrounded by more stuff since it's in my
parents' garage until we get it trailered out here. LOL

Old January 5th 05, 09:49 PM
Howard Rose

On 3 Jan 2005 07:01:13 -0800, "michelle" >
wrote:

>I used to post to this newsgroup quite a bit after buying my '62
>convertible Beetle (I had a '76 Beetle Sedan and still have a '00 New
>Beetle as well). I went through a divorce and ran out of spare time
>and funds during that fun process, but I'm ready to get back into
>working on my '62. It's good to see some of the same people are still
>active on here after a couple of years (Jan and John Henry amongst
>others). I'm sure I'll have some questions. I took my car apart so
>long ago that I'm not sure I remember how to put her back together. :-)

Hey Michelle,

I remember your '62, glad to hear you still have it!

Welcome back to RAMVA.

--
Howard Rose
1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe
Old January 6th 05, 02:07 AM
Jay McGraw

Where'd ya move to?

Jay

ups.com...

Old January 6th 05, 02:15 AM
michelle

I moved from central Ohio to just south of Pittsburgh (about 3 hours
away). We have a two car garage that is currently empty of cars, but
full of tools and other things. We just need to figure out a way to
get the car moved here since at the moment, the body is off the pan.