2006 Dodge Charger - it looks better than the 300C

Old January 12th 05, 11:21 PM
Hmmm...

Default 2006 Dodge Charger - it looks better than the 300C

The 2006 Dodge Charger possibly could be the car that replaces my 1994 Dodge
Intrepid. I'm glad they made it a 4-door.

The appearance of the Chrysler 300C still has not grown on me. Whenever I
see one I think "cartoon car". I have similar thoughts about the Prowler
and the PT Cruiser.

Old January 12th 05, 11:25 PM
Hmmm...

Oops. I forgot. It's RWD. Never mind.

Old January 13th 05, 12:10 AM
Daniel J. Stern

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005, Hmmm... wrote:

> The 2006 Dodge Charger possibly could be the car that replaces my 1994
> Dodge Intrepid. I'm glad they made it a 4-door. > Oops. I forgot.
> It's RWD. Never mind.

You could always spend less time making stupid remarks and more time
learning how to drive...!
Old January 13th 05, 03:32 AM
Hmmm...

Wow. Quite a non-sequitur. What are smoking?

n.umich.edu...

Old January 13th 05, 05:07 AM
Daniel J. Stern

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005, Hmmm... wrote:

> > > The 2006 Dodge Charger possibly could be the car that replaces my
> > > 1994 Dodge Intrepid. I'm glad they made it a 4-door. > Oops. I
> > > forgot. It's RWD. Never mind.

> > You could always spend less time making stupid remarks and more time
> > learning how to drive...!

> Wow. Quite a non-sequitur.

Well, no, not really. Y'see, there's only one reason to bitch about a car
being RWD, and that is that you don't know how to drive.

Old January 13th 05, 06:11 AM
Hmmm...

They must do a good job of plowing and salting the streets wherever it is in
Michigan that you drive. Probably not upper peninsula, right?

I grew up driving in Minnesota, and learned to drive on ice and snow in RWD
vehicles. FWD is much better. AWD even better.

You see, there are other reasons to bitch about a car being RWD.

Old January 13th 05, 03:14 PM
David

Don't worry about Daniel. He is getting older and when that happens, older
people just like to bitch about everything. Example( Elton John).

No offense to Daniel!

Old January 13th 05, 04:23 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005, Hmmm... wrote:

> They must do a good job of plowing and salting the streets wherever it
> is in Michigan that you drive.

I've driven many miles for years in winter in CO, MI, IL and ON, in
properly-equipped RWD cars, and never had a problem. Also driven many
miles for years in winter in CO, MI, IL and ON, in properly-equipped FWD
cars, and never had a problem.

The trouble is on your end; you don't know how to drive and/or you don't
know how to select tires. That's certainly not the car's fault.

Old January 13th 05, 04:54 PM
Art

Chrysler claims that advances in traction control compensate in snow to make
RWD ok. You could get a AWD Magnum if they are available yet.

Old January 13th 05, 05:22 PM
Peter A. Stavrakoglou

"Art" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> Chrysler claims that advances in traction control compensate in snow to
> make RWD ok. You could get a AWD Magnum if they are available yet.

RWD is OK. I've got a 300C with ESP and could barely make it up my driveway
with less than one inch of snow on the ground. The incline is about 15
degrees, my FWD car and minivan had no problems.