GTR Online help, please...

Old April 8th 06, 02:06 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default GTR Online help, please...

Hi,

Recently reinstalled GTR and have it all up and running, except that it
doesn't seem to allow any online communication. The 'What's New' tab always
tells me to connect to the internet, even though I am. Logging in with what
I think is my previous username and password always reports incorrect
username/password and attempting to re-register results in a general
failure.

I'm on a 2Mb broadband connection in the UK, with Windows internal firewall
disabled and the 'retail' version of AVG set to allow communication through
'gtr.exe' and 'gtr_reporter.exe'.

Incidentally, when I request the in-game 'Web' link, I get an empty IE
window with 'page cannot be found' error message on
http://www.simbin.com/whatsnew/.

Can anyone help sort out the problem or tell me what I've forgotten?

Thanks in advance,

Rick.

Old April 8th 06, 02:38 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

It could be you're trying to logon on a backup server which won't have your
details.

Try again to register at the multiplayer screen, then see what happens.

Andi.

Old April 8th 06, 04:45 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

"Andi Cole" > wrote in message
> It could be you're trying to logon on a backup server which won't have
> your details.
>
> Try again to register at the multiplayer screen, then see what happens.
>
> Andi.

Thanks Andi, that's sorted it. The 'What's new' page is still unavailable,
but at least I can now get to the online files.

Cheers,

Rick.

Old April 8th 06, 05:58 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

IIRC the What's new page never worked '-)