EGR Carbon????

Old October 15th 05, 02:42 PM

Default EGR Carbon????

Ok I had an EGR finnally sunise to the carbon buildup so I bought a new
valve and replaced it. Prior to replacement I changed wires, plugs and
pvc valve. Also prior to install of the new one I took a 12 gauge wire
and swished the holes that it sucks through and then used a montster
vacumm to suck out anything that I loosened up. That was a month ago
and low and behold I get another SES ab nd code p1406 (which is EGR) If
I reset the code then it will be fine for another month or 3 weeks then
bam p1406 again. I took it off to inspect it and was suprised to find
so much carbon in the holes again.. once again I did a thorough
cleanning. My question is where does all of this carbon come from. I
feel that I am just fixing the result and not getting to the source..

1996 sc2 118k
I might add that car runs great and smooth, isn't burning oil and gets
over 40mpg hiway and 35 city.

Thanks for any direction
Phil

Old October 15th 05, 04:08 PM
Bob Shuman

Sounds like it may indeed be burning oil. Replacing the PCV may help.

Bob

Old October 15th 05, 11:59 PM

did that bob.. I'm thinking something that would make the engine burn a
little too rich maybe??

unnecessary octane = carbon? Ryan Underwood Technology 10 September 1st 05 06:23 AM
cleaning carbon from pistons Ryan Underwood Technology 15 August 6th 05 03:57 AM
Carbon air dam protectors? HardwareLust Mazda 2 February 3rd 05 08:24 AM
Carbon Fiber what is it? pistol Honda 0 January 18th 05 07:20 PM
SL2 Cabin filling up with Carbon Monoxide, after fender bender?!?!?!??! eb7g Saturn 1 May 12th 04 06:09 AM