Bellevue Washington Mustang Roundup

Old July 19th 05, 12:04 AM
Me

Default Bellevue Washington Mustang Roundup

Attended the All Ford Picnic and Mustang round up at the Bellevue Community
College Sunday. This was a well attended meet with a special tribute to
Shelby American. Between 30 and 40 Shelbys, Some of the highlights; The
first 1965 GT-350 Street car 003, the middle production run car, 5S282 and
the very last 65 GT-350 5S562. There was a 65 Cobra small block car and a
genuine 427 Cobra. So many 66 GT-350's that I couldn't count them all. There
was a black and silver Ford GT. A large number of 69 and 70 Boss 302's, one
Boss 429. I didn't get a chance to look over the whole show, I did see a GTE
Cougar (427) a BUNCH of 428 Cobra Jet Mustangs in addition to literally
hundreds of Mustangs, Fords, Stock and Custom.
Porcine Paradise (Hog Heaven) for Ford Lovers.

Old July 19th 05, 02:07 AM
Spike

Real? No clones among them?

Is this the Northwest Mustang Club gathering? Or a different one?

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 16:04:07 -0700, "Me" > wrote:

>Attended the All Ford Picnic and Mustang round up at the Bellevue Community
>College Sunday. This was a well attended meet with a special tribute to
>Shelby American. Between 30 and 40 Shelbys, Some of the highlights; The
>first 1965 GT-350 Street car 003, the middle production run car, 5S282 and
>the very last 65 GT-350 5S562. There was a 65 Cobra small block car and a
>genuine 427 Cobra. So many 66 GT-350's that I couldn't count them all. There
>was a black and silver Ford GT. A large number of 69 and 70 Boss 302's, one
>Boss 429. I didn't get a chance to look over the whole show, I did see a GTE
>Cougar (427) a BUNCH of 428 Cobra Jet Mustangs in addition to literally
>hundreds of Mustangs, Fords, Stock and Custom.
>Porcine Paradise (Hog Heaven) for Ford Lovers.

Spike
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40
16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial
225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.

"When the time comes to lay down my life for my country,
I do not cower from this responsibility. I welcome it."
-JFK Inaugural Address
Old July 19th 05, 05:29 PM
Me

There were a bunch of clones. One in particular was an almost perfect
example of a 65 GT-350R. Everything I saw was correct for an R-Model, but I
didn't really look too close.

Old July 19th 05, 07:29 PM
Spike

There are so many clones around it's hard to tell what's real and what
isn't. When I was buying, I had several clones offered. I rejected
them. If I wanted an R model, or a Shelby, I'd try to get a real one.
If I couldn't get one, then, I'd go for some other real model. My 65
is a real 65 Fastback 289 A Code car. I have added mods, but the car
itself was real according to the VIN, and can easily be returned to
that state.

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 09:29:12 -0700, "Me" > wrote:

>There were a bunch of clones. One in particular was an almost perfect
>example of a 65 GT-350R. Everything I saw was correct for an R-Model, but I
>didn't really look too close.

.. .

Old July 20th 05, 12:46 AM
Me

I don't have a problem with the clone guys, as long as they do not attempt
to pass their cars off as anything but modified Mustangs. I did have an
experience with a guy at the Portland Swap Meet years ago. He had a 66 Hertz
car that was an obvious clone, (2+2 Emblems, pony interior) and was
representing it as a genuine Shelby. When I cornered him, he admitted that
the original car had been totaled, and he put the parts on the clone. He
didn't believe he had done anything wrong. I couldn't decide if he was
stupid, a crook or both. The bad thing was he managed to sell the car. Guy
who bought it was from Canada, and thought he had a real bargain.
The SAAC guys maintain that if they are contacted before the sale, it would
be virtually impossible to pass off a fake.
Later
Bill

"Spike" > wrote in message
> There are so many clones around it's hard to tell what's real and what
> isn't. When I was buying, I had several clones offered. I rejected
> them. If I wanted an R model, or a Shelby, I'd try to get a real one.
> If I couldn't get one, then, I'd go for some other real model. My 65
> is a real 65 Fastback 289 A Code car. I have added mods, but the car
> itself was real according to the VIN, and can easily be returned to
> that state.
>
> On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 09:29:12 -0700, "Me" > wrote:
>
>>There were a bunch of clones. One in particular was an almost perfect
>>example of a 65 GT-350R. Everything I saw was correct for an R-Model, but
>>didn't really look too close.

. ..

Old July 20th 05, 04:19 AM
Spike

Hey, if someone wants a clone, it's their car and their money. They
should do what is good for them.

I hate to see it done, and wish they could just be proud to own a
classic. But, clones just aren't for me. I even hate to see some of
the mods that are done which would be near impossible to restore. They
look sharp, but it's just another classic gone. Of course, it does
raise the value on my original (though slightly modded - new stereo
but without altering the dash opening kind of mods).

But, pass off a clone as authentic? "Sting 'em up! It'll teach 'em a
lesson!"

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 16:46:27 -0700, "Me" > wrote:

>I don't have a problem with the clone guys, as long as they do not attempt
>to pass their cars off as anything but modified Mustangs. I did have an
>experience with a guy at the Portland Swap Meet years ago. He had a 66 Hertz
>car that was an obvious clone, (2+2 Emblems, pony interior) and was
>representing it as a genuine Shelby. When I cornered him, he admitted that
>the original car had been totaled, and he put the parts on the clone. He
>didn't believe he had done anything wrong. I couldn't decide if he was
>stupid, a crook or both. The bad thing was he managed to sell the car. Guy
>who bought it was from Canada, and thought he had a real bargain.
>The SAAC guys maintain that if they are contacted before the sale, it would
>be virtually impossible to pass off a fake.
>Later
>Bill

.. .