Childrens story book about a Jeep?

Old July 13th 05, 06:18 PM
FrankW

Default Childrens story book about a Jeep?

Gi'day Group.
When I was a kid in primary school, I remember reading
a series of books about Jeeps.
The story is about a young Boy who stays at the grandparents farm
and when exploring he came across an abandoned barn/farm.
Inside the barn was an old Jeep which he got running and
drove around. The next book dealt with owner showing up
and he then tried to buy it.
Anyone know of this story. I like to find out so as to get
a copy for my nephew. Almost considering calling the
librarian at the school. But Jeepers I haven't been
in that school in almost a century :-)

Old July 14th 05, 01:49 AM
CFLav8r

"FrankW" wrote in message ...
> Gi'day Group.
> When I was a kid in primary school, I remember reading
> a series of books about Jeeps.
> The story is about a young Boy who stays at the grandparents farm
> and when exploring he came across an abandoned barn/farm.
> Inside the barn was an old Jeep which he got running and
> drove around. The next book dealt with owner showing up
> and he then tried to buy it.
> Anyone know of this story. I like to find out so as to get
> a copy for my nephew. Almost considering calling the
> librarian at the school. But Jeepers I haven't been
> in that school in almost a century :-)

I would love to help you out, but if I go anywhere near the
library I'm sure they'll have me arrested for not returning the
slot car racing book that I took out in 1967.

David

Old July 14th 05, 08:41 AM
Rusted

Not the one you are looking for, but I have a book for my kids called "Sheep
in a Jeep" by Nancy E Shaw.

Old July 14th 05, 07:42 PM
JeePenn

I think I read the same book when I was an early teen. I remember
thinking that it would be really cool to stumble onto an old Jeep, get
it running and driving it around. I remember the title being 'Year of
the Jeep'. After searching google, I came up with Keith Robertson as
the author (IBSN 0670793582 April 1968). I really enjoyed that book.
I guess I was a Jeeper way back then and never realized it.

Old July 14th 05, 08:19 PM
FrankW

Hey Cool
Not sure if that's the same story though.
I seem to recall it was 2 books.
The first one was at the grandparents finding the barn with the old jeep
in it, Then fixing it up and driving it around a couple of times
then he went back home at the end of summer.
The next book was when he went back the next year and the jeep
was still there except the owner showed up and was about to auction
everything. where he tried to raise money to buy it. I distinctly
remember the anxiety when he almost didn't get it at the auction.
Does this ring any bells in "The year of the Jeep"

JeePenn wrote:
> I think I read the same book when I was an early teen. I remember
> thinking that it would be really cool to stumble onto an old Jeep, get
> it running and driving it around. I remember the title being 'Year of
> the Jeep'. After searching google, I came up with Keith Robertson as
> the author (IBSN 0670793582 April 1968). I really enjoyed that book.
> I guess I was a Jeeper way back then and never realized it.

Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 Hemi in UK Dori A Schmetterling Chrysler 4 June 2nd 05 10:22 PM
"Al Qaeda" does not exist Awake BMW 64 March 10th 05 12:25 PM
funny story about autos.tech [email protected] Technology 5 December 19th 04 11:50 PM
Jeep VS others Elliot Westcott Chrysler 64 December 19th 04 03:22 PM