please help-chevy expert

Old June 17th 05, 05:17 PM
Comboverfish

ed wrote:
> sheesh, can someone just answer the guys question on the bulb?

Man, ain't that the truth! Oh, wait. I already had answered his
question.

Old June 17th 05, 06:59 PM
Daniel J. Stern

Open trunk

Move carpet/conceal panel away from inside rearmost surface of trunk (if
applicable)

Loosen/remove thumbnuts that hold taillamp assemblies to rear of car

Pull taillamp assemblies away from rear of car

Squeeze socket locktabs and rotate until socket pops out of lamp assembly

Remove/replace bulb

Reassembly is the reverse of removal.
Old June 17th 05, 07:19 PM
N8N

Daniel J. Stern wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Jun 2005, Nate Nagel wrote:
>
> > > I've got a really dumb question. Where does #1 plug wire go on a 1974
> > > HEI distributor? I think it's brain lock. Thank you

> > uhhh...
> > '74 HEI?

> Not per se, no, but GM's first electronic ignition systems were optional
> in '74. They were conceptually almost identical to HEI, but component form
> factors (module, cap, rotor, coil) were different.

Hmm, I did not know that; I thought they went straight from the Delco
window-style points dist. to HEI. Learn summat new every day.

nate

Cracked Dashboard on Late-model Chevy Cavalier Daniel J. Stern Driving 13 May 28th 05 04:24 AM
Cracked Dashboard on Late-model Chevy Cavalier [email protected] Technology 18 May 28th 05 04:24 AM
CHEVY CAVALIERS Honda Hater Technology 6 May 10th 05 03:43 AM
Father, forgive me for I bought a chevy; a testimonial and question jameson Honda 11 October 28th 04 05:31 AM
Buying 1955 Chevy 210 4-door, comments wanted Alex Antique cars 1 December 2nd 03 05:12 PM