5.9 GC LTD or not?

Old June 17th 05, 03:53 AM
Josh Piela

Default 5.9 GC LTD or not?

Hi guys and gals,

Does anyone have any first hand experience with the 98 GC 5.9 LTD? I am
looking for something to replace my TJ and this truck really interests me.
It's bigger, more comfy, has AWD/4WD which is really handy in the snow and
goes like sh*t from what I hear. Are there any issues mechanically or
electronic that I should keep my eye out for? Is the gas mileage comparible
to my straight six in the TJ or decent even with the 5.9 and running high
test only? Or is it just a pig that I should forget about and keep the TJ.
I don't do much off roading anymore that is why I thought the 5.9 would be a
good replacement.

Thanks in advance,

Josh Piela

Old June 17th 05, 01:33 PM
Professor

I hope you have a lot of gas money...

Professor
Check out FlashAlert at www.telstar-electronics.com

Old June 17th 05, 01:52 PM
Peter Pontbriand

We've got a TJ and a 5.9 GC, and the gas mileage is pretty comparable, about
15 MPG for both. The 5.9 does go like stink, and rides way better on the
highway than the TJ, but it's stock and the TJ is lifted 4" with short arms.
What would be nice is the 5.9 engine in a TJ, but my gut feeling is that the
5.9 is significantly heavier than the 4.0.

/Peter

. ..

Old June 17th 05, 07:21 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Some of us want to be able to blow the doors off a Mustang, stock:
http://www.billhughes.com/temp/CherokeeDrag.wmv
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O

Old June 17th 05, 07:49 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

http://www.billhughes.com/temp/cherokeeDrag.htm

Old June 18th 05, 12:57 AM
tim bur

that was a jeep made to say goodbye to the jeeps we have been use to and that
5.9 runs on high test only. it is one hell of a jeep and if u can get it with
low miles and low bucs by all means do so. the engine is a close relative to
the rt engine in the dakotas