Automatic Locks

Old August 4th 06, 02:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
[email protected]

Default Automatic Locks

I purchased a 2000 Passat Wagen froma non VW dealer. The door locks
engage at 10mph. The local VW dealer states they cannot turn this
function off for safety reasons. Is this true?. If not, how in the
world do you stop this annoying feature.

Old August 4th 06, 04:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
One out of many daves

WHY?
You could either lock the doors before driving thereby not having to hear
the locks locking while driving. ;-)

Or maybe (and I don't like these options)
You could disable the locking system and then have to lock/unlock the doors
manually.
Possibly it could be switched off using a scanner tool that can modify the
ECM.

oups.com...

Old August 4th 06, 06:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Mike Smith[_1_]

One out of many daves wrote:
> WHY?

Yeah, really - what's the big deal?

--
Mike Smith
Old August 6th 06, 03:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Mark[_2_]

I am pretty sure you can turn off the feature- you just need to find a
private party with a VAG-COM scan tool. Or find a dealer with a more
reasonable attitude toward customer service. Better yet, seek out a
private garage that specializes in Volkswagen and/or foreign cars.

I recently purchased a 2003 Jetta and noticed that unlike my 2001
Passat, the doors, once auto-locked did not unlock when I pulled the
key out. I borrowed the scan tool and turned on the setting for
"Auto-Unlock". Presto. My doors still autolock because My wife wanted
them that way but I recall there is also a 'on/off switch' for that
feature.

Another thought... you could try looking at other online groups such as
tdiclub.com or vwvortex.com or bentleypublishers.com. You might be
able to locate a person with the scan tool who is willing to help out.