GPL to NR2003 w/ Noonan Converter

Old July 14th 05, 12:06 PM
Darus

Default GPL to NR2003 w/ Noonan Converter

I'm having a bit of a problem converting GPL tracks to NR2003. I
recently redid the whole GPL install and added the various updates
based on the directions that are found at Fred Faster's site. Each
update works and looks excellent in GPL.

However, when using the Dave Noonan converter, all APPEARS to go
smoothly, but when I load NR2003 and try a track (I have done Monza and
Monaco so far) I get a "Could Not Load Track" error. I have checked
"copy GPL patch files" box to allow the use of the updated track gfx.

Is there a known issue with some of the gfx updates? What could be
causing the problems?

Old July 14th 05, 01:09 PM
Dave Henrie

"Darus" > wrote in news:1121339196.634601.62770
@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

> I'm having a bit of a problem converting GPL tracks to NR2003. I
> recently redid the whole GPL install and added the various updates
> based on the directions that are found at Fred Faster's site. Each
> update works and looks excellent in GPL.
>
> However, when using the Dave Noonan converter, all APPEARS to go
> smoothly, but when I load NR2003 and try a track (I have done Monza and
> Monaco so far) I get a "Could Not Load Track" error. I have checked
> "copy GPL patch files" box to allow the use of the updated track gfx.
>
> Is there a known issue with some of the gfx updates? What could be
> causing the problems?

Just a hunch, there are several default setups for each Papyrus
track. Go to a working track and copy the setup files and paste them into
your new track. That 'may' help.

dave henrie
Old July 14th 05, 06:41 PM
Darus

Thanks for the suggestion, but that wasn't it.

A straight, no frills conversion from GPL to NR2003 works fine, it's
when the extra files are added to the mix that the error occurs.

Old July 14th 05, 07:43 PM
DB

Darus,

I get the same results which is really a bummer as a lot of the add
on graphics for GPL are really really good :/

oups.com...

Old July 14th 05, 11:06 PM
Darus

I have a tech support question into DN and he said he will look into
it. It's odd in that Kya, Mex,Mosport,Rouen,Silverstone,Spa Zandy and
WG all work fine for me. I didn't try Nurby as I use the 1970 USPits
version.

Old July 15th 05, 12:56 AM
Byron Forbes

"DB" > wrote in message
> Darus,
>
> I get the same results which is really a bummer as a lot of the add
> on graphics for GPL are really really good :/

I'd bet the phrase "for GPL" is the main clue ie not specifically for
NR2003.