new wrangler - ug

Old September 22nd 06, 06:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
c[_1_]

Default new wrangler - ug

That is the way I understood it also.

Chris

Old September 22nd 06, 07:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Earle Horton[_5_]

I figure anything those Bozos do is just going to increase the potential
collector value of my Jeep. If I take good care of it, as I plan to do, my
heirs stand to make a pile of money out of a "non-lifted, non-hacked,
original condition" 1995 Wrangler.

Earle

Old September 23rd 06, 01:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III[_1_]

The United States of American may have won the battles, but we lost
World War II.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/
Old September 23rd 06, 02:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III[_1_]

That and the State of Kalifornia makes anything built before 1976
worth thirty thousand.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/
Old September 23rd 06, 03:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Jeffrey DeWitt

billy ray wrote:
> This is paragraph two from that new report:
>
> "The 2006 Jeep Wrangler is the last SUV to be offered with only two doors.
> The 2007 Wrangler soon arrives with availability of its first four-door
> model, a V-6 engine instead of the traditional inline (cylinders all in a
> row) six-cylinder and the chance to get rear-wheel drive instead of the
> standard four-wheel-drive setup."
>
> You could also take this to mean that in future years '07+ that both 2 and 4
> door models are slated for production.
>

> > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>> Jeffrey DeWitt wrote:
>>> I don't believe it, your paper is wrong or you misunderstood what they
>>> said.
>>>
>>> O7 is the first year for the 4 door Wrangler, but there is no way they
>>> are getting rid of the "iconic" 2 door.
>>>

>> Granted... I am the product of the public school system... but
>> regardless of what part of the world you're from... (perhaps with the
>> exception of some certain parts of some southern states...) it's pretty
>> hard to misinterpret:
>>
>> "The 2006 Jeep Wrangler is the last SUV to be offered with only two
>> doors."
>>
>> It goes on to say
>>
>> "The 2007 Wrangler soon arrives with availability of its first
>> four-door model, a V-6 engine instead of the traditional inline
>> (cylinders all in a row) six-cylinder and the chance to get rear-wheel
>> drive instead of the standard four-wheel-drive setup."
>>
>> Full article is he
>>
>> http://www.suntimes.com/output/auto/car-news-car11.html
>>
>> Could be wrong? Sure. But reliable auto writers typically dance
>> around "absolutes" when talking rumor - as there's always plenty of
>> rumor to go around. It runs rampant in the motorcycle press. But '07
>> is a ways away, and decisions could change. Perhaps its an
>> announcement to gauge backlash?
>>
>> Dropping a popular, well-selling vehicle with a strong fan base doesn't
>> make sense to me either.
>>
>> - Dan -

Oh, I see the confusion now, it's a very clumsily written sentence.

What he SHOULD have said was something like "The 2006 Wrangler is the
last SUV to be offered only as a two door, starting next year both two
and four door models will be offered."

Jeff DeWitt
Old September 23rd 06, 04:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
billy ray

The writer is from Chicago, if he went to the local schools he is lucky to
be able to read and write at all...

Old September 24th 06, 02:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Jim Peck

When the 2001 model year was done, Jeep Cherokee production was ended
at Toledo South Assembly Plant . That part of the old Willys-Overland
plant was torn down. When the 2006 Wrangler model year was over, the
rest of the plant was closed and the rest of the building slated for
teardown. The eliimination of the in-line 6 will end its production at
the old AMC Kenosha Engine Plant. I do not know what product is left in
Kenosha.

The Liberty and new 4 door Wrangler are assembled in Toledo North
Assembly Palnt. This is visible north of I-75 near the intersection
with I-280. This is famous for having the body-in-whie and paint
departments outsourced.

The Grand Cherokee is assembled in the Jefferson North Assembly Plant,
the only auto assembly plant in Detoit.

Old September 24th 06, 02:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Jim Peck

Default 3.7 liter V6

I worked for a couple of years at the old Chrysler Mound Road Engine
plant, now razed. The 318 V8, 3.9L V6, and cast iron and cast aluminum
V10 engines were made at MRE.

The V10 assembly has moved to the Conner Avenue Viper Plant.

In some sort of political deal, Chrysler Mack Avenue Engine Plants !
and 2 were built on the site of a former stamping plant in Detroit.
Mack 1 which builds the 4.7L V8, the replacment for the 318 went into
production in 2001. Mack 2 builds the 3.7L V6, the replacment for the
3.9L V6 and 4.0L I6, and went on-line at the end of 2002.

Indianapolis Foundry is now mostly torn down. I believe engine blocks
are being imported.

Chrysler seems to be getting rid of legacy plants with "difficult" UAW
locals.

Old September 25th 06, 12:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Matt Macchiarolo

Last time I was in Kenosha the AMC final assembly plant was a park.

I drove past the Willys Toledo plant recently, non of it looked torn down
but most of it looked idle, though there were lots of new Jeeps in the
parking lots. IIRC the Wrangler production was also transferred to the
Toldeo North plant when it opened, but I might be wrong.

oups.com...

Old September 25th 06, 12:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Matt Macchiarolo

I agree, and since I know for a fact that the 2007 Wrangler is available
with two or four doors, and I have seen both versions driving my locale,
this would be logical.