Goodyear Wrangler Tires

Old August 22nd 06, 08:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Greg[_4_]

Default Goodyear Wrangler Tires

I just replaced four Goodyear Wrangler RT/S tires on my '97 Explorer.
They had a little over 70,000 miles on them, with still some treadlife
left, but the noise they were making was unbelievable. I thought the
front hub assemblies were going out again (the bearings failed at 60k
mi.) and the sound was just about identical

Anyway, Walmart was running a special on Goodyear Wrangler Radials at
$50/ea. It was a bit of an impulse buy, but I needed the tires and the
price was right. Now I'm trying to find out a little more info on the
tires I bought, but there's nothing out there. These just say Goodyear
Wrangler Radial on the sidewall. No RT/S, RT/A or any other
designation. I'm guessing they're a cheap version of the better tires.
But it seems strange that not even the Goodyear website has anything
on them

Anyone else trying these tires out? Seem ok so far. A little noisy,
but still quite a bit quieter than the tires I replaced.

Old September 1st 06, 03:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
shizznick

One of Goodyears first "Wrangler" tire. More equivolent to the BFG All
Terrains. Not a fancy tire, but more aggressive than the RT/S' that were
OE. I would have no problem putting them on any of my vehicles.
For what it's worth... Any mileage over 40,000 on SUV's or light trucks is
bonus miles. The more you rotate and balance, the longer the life you'll
get out of tires. With your Wranglers, I'd rotate every oil change and
rebalance every other.
I have Wrangler MTR's on my Explorer, and rotate and balance every 3000
miles because they are very aggressive tread.

Hope this helps!

ups.com...

Old September 4th 06, 02:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Mark Miller