Suburban starting/electrical problem

Old April 5th 06, 10:59 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default Suburban starting/electrical problem

'98 Suburban has intermitant starting problems. 3 times over the last
month it will not start. Battery, starter, altinator all seem to be
ok. Sounds like it's not getting fuel. My mechanic had it and found
the fuel pump relay needed to be replaced. I was releived @ the $60
bill instead of the possible $500+ for fuel pump, but the problem has
occured 2X's since. I bought a fuel pump relay because it was ify
starting, but changing that has no effect.

Is it possibly an electrical problem?

Over the past several months I have lost the ability to use the
electric door locks from inside the car (the remote control lock/unlock
still works), the horn stopped working (relay?), the rear, passanger
side window will go down w/ the driver's control, but won't go back up,
the A/C blower fuse/relay keeps poppin', etc.

Should I take this truck back to my mechanic or find an electrical
place to look it over?

Thanks,

jl

Old May 4th 06, 03:33 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

I am having a similar problem. We took our '98 burb in an had it
checked. When they ran a computer check on it, there were no problems
indicated. They suggested a ingnition relay replacement. We tried
that and it worked for one day. Our burb will start sometimes and we
can drive off and then everything dies. It takes a jump start to get
it going. Other times it acts dead. Nothing will work. Even the door
chime sounds like its dying. The battery and alternator tested out
fine. I think we have a short some where or bad wiring. Whatever it
is, it seems to take all the power out of the battery at once. Even
the keyless door opener will not open door locks when this happens.
(The battery for my keyless is still good.) Our burb will also kill
the engine while driving. The clocks and everything resets. Do you
know a good exorcist? Our window is possessed also.......Thanks,
Junior