SO, GTL? Starforce cause hard reboots?

Old August 18th 05, 02:00 PM
Plowboy

Tony,
tell me more what is it, howd you get rid of it/disable it?

Tony Rickard enlightened us with:

Old August 18th 05, 06:35 PM
Plowboy

Is there any help or support site anywhere (I know itis a demo...) with
others overcoming this? dang
Sting32 enlightened us with:

Old August 18th 05, 07:23 PM
Tony Rickard

Plowboy wrote:

>>Avast was causing the problem for me. Disabling it worked straight
>>away. Never had the same problem with GTR though.

> Tony,
> tell me more what is it, howd you get rid of it/disable it?

Avast Anti Virus. Disabled by right clicking on the Avast icon in the
system tray and selecting stop on-access protection.

Old August 18th 05, 07:39 PM
Plowboy

Damn, <g> thought it was something in the game or ???

Old August 18th 05, 09:42 PM
Šeon

Not exactly helping you but anyway - running 6600GT (ASUS SLI) with 7.1.8.4
driver. GTL demo w/o probs, GTR also still OK. XP Pro SP2, no other funnies
installed (Daemon, etc.)

Šeon

Old August 18th 05, 11:51 PM
Tanstaafl

"Alan Bernardo" > wrote in message

> "Tanstaafl" > wrote in message
> . ..
>> Same here. Installed and uninstalled twice, including Starforce,and it
>> reboots as soon as I try to launch. Also varied settings in graphics
>> config. GTR still works fine.
>>

> There is a program that completely uninstalls starforce drivers, if that's
> what you have to end up doing. I'm not sure what that will do to GTR. My
> guess is you'll have to reinsert the disk and it will reinstall the
> drivers.
>
> You might try that. Where this utility is, I don't know. But I know it
> exists.
>
> Whatever the case, your system's video drivers probably need to be flushed
> out, also. There are tools that get rid of all vestiges of old drivers.
>
> Those are the first two things I would do, if you want to run the demo.
>

> Alanb

Yes I used Starforce cleaner when uninstalling the demo. Didn't help.

Old August 19th 05, 02:26 PM
Plowboy

Mines an xfx AGP version... I have just about had it, with the damn thing,
wish I never got rid of the 4600... but it does look a little better in
some stuff...
Šeon enlightened us with:

Old August 20th 05, 12:07 AM
Steve Simpson

I am running an Athlon 64 with a nForce4 m/b, an Ati x850xt pci-e and an
NEC DVD-+RW. I own 4 Starforce games and haven't noticed the slightest
issue with any of them. My old AthlonXP 3200+ and GF4 Ti4600 doesn't have
any problems either. I have had Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120% (several
versions) installed and neither have caused any problems either.

Is there any hardware in particular that doesn't like Starforce? Is it
mainly to do with the brand of dvd-rom?
Old August 20th 05, 05:59 AM

It did a hard reboot on me once but I reduced from 1280x1024 to
1024x768 and no problems at all since.
Old August 21st 05, 01:33 PM
jwilson54

Sting32 wrote:
> Yes I have tried this treasure, it doesn't crash to desktop, it does not
> whine about any of my apps (I did shut down Daemon toolz), long ago removed
> cdspace. Yet we simply crash hell hard to BIOS screen with a 'device driver
> but we're not sure which one or why" from XP Pro's error reporting tool
>
> Last driver for gfx (geforce6600gt) that I installed was the ones that came
> with Battle Field 2 demo, is that what the problem might be? or is the
> Star-farce? seems a pity that they couldn't just tell me it didn't want to
> install or run if my app offended so much, I did install GTR demo, it ran
> fine.
>
> Ill try gfx update, hope I can play other games after this, the new drivers
> liked to kill NR03 IMHO from 96 fps to 40 at same settings...

Reboots on start of game,shut down avast and it worked,however no brake
with TSW wheel so after all the hassles I deleted the demo.

What to do with the soft top hardware when reinstalling the hard top? [email protected] Jeep 5 April 19th 05 04:22 PM
Hard starting problem dodge 360 [email protected] Technology 9 March 20th 05 11:57 PM
90 FORD F150 PICKUP STARTS HARD, THEN DIES websthes Technology 1 December 26th 04 10:39 PM
switching hard dog rollbars pws Mazda 0 November 18th 04 11:03 PM
Starforce Mike Beauchamp Simulators 1 October 17th 04 11:55 PM