sluggishness and cruise control problems

Old February 1st 05, 06:07 PM
Darren Dunham

Craig Faison > wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Jan 2005, Darren Dunham wrote:

> Let us know what they tell you... we didn't have any running issues when
> the switch failed on our Jetta.

Well, I don't think I understand the entire issue, but yes, the brake
switch failed and it can confuse the computer to the point that it
affects performance.

> Needless to say, I wasn't very pleased to find out that my wife & kid had
> been driving around w/no brake lights for who knows how long. My wife
> never uses the cruise, and I rarely do, so we really have no idea how long
> it had been that way.

My wife really noticed the power difference almost instantly. Without
that, it would have been a while because she doesn't use the cruise
either.

Yeah, I'd like to think you could detect the failure and turn on a dash
light. The printout of the work says that the computer code shows a
brake switch failure...

--
Darren Dunham
Senior Technical Consultant TAOS
Old February 2nd 05, 02:42 AM
Craig Faison

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005, Darren Dunham wrote:

> Well, I don't think I understand the entire issue, but yes, the brake
> switch failed and it can confuse the computer to the point that it
> affects performance.

Interesting; we definitely didn't have running issues. IIRC, your vehicle
is a Passat... I wonder if the computers are different enough for the
Passat to be affected and the Jetta not...

> My wife really noticed the power difference almost instantly. Without
> that, it would have been a while because she doesn't use the cruise
> either.

It's a safety feature! ;-)

Craig