Dont let your insurance laps

Old July 23rd 05, 11:41 PM
rebco10

Default Dont let your insurance laps

I have a 96 lt4..... Love it. Always think about trading up to a c5 but
never acutally jump.

Anyway, I did not receive my insurance bill ( it came, it was in the
pile with all the stuff I don't get around to opening).

Now I have a letter from the DMV to pay $600 bucks or turn in my plates
for 60 days.

Serves me right.....

So dont let this happen to you.

I just drove ( illegally since I don't have insurance) to the car wash.
Filled up the car, detailed the interior... put it in the garage and
put the cover on it. Very sad.

Old July 29th 05, 02:57 AM
Bones

You mean a 600 buck fine from the DMV because you accidently let your
insurance lapse? What State are you in?

If so, you may be able (don't wait around to find out ) file for a
hearing before a judge, show him your insurance and ask him to dismiss
the fine.
Bones
Old July 29th 05, 12:48 PM
dave

Normally, Insurance Companies send multiple notices that your insurance
is due / lapsed.

Old July 29th 05, 02:36 PM
Bob G.

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 01:57:48 GMT, (Bones) wrote:

>You mean a 600 buck fine from the DMV because you accidently let your
>insurance lapse? What State are you in?
>
>If so, you may be able (don't wait around to find out ) file for a
>hearing before a judge, show him your insurance and ask him to dismiss
>the fine.
>Bones

Try that in Maryland.... where a 600 dollar "fine" would be
considered cheap... Especial;ly if you let your insurance lapse
and also forgot to remove your licence plates from the vehicle car and
physically return them to the DMV....

Bob