1949 Mercury 2 door

Old August 2nd 07, 12:54 AM posted to rec.autos.antique
T.W.Spencer

Default 1949 Mercury 2 door

2 nd owner, owned since 1965
mostly restored
63,000 original miles
needs clutch (frozen)
been in heated garage for 25 years
21,000.00

Old August 2nd 07, 02:31 AM posted to rec.autos.antique
Stude

On Aug 1, 4:54 pm, "T.W.Spencer" > wrote:
> 2 nd owner, owned since 1965
> mostly restored
> 63,000 original miles
> needs clutch (frozen)
> been in heated garage for 25 years
> 21,000.00

THIS IS THE MOST INSIPID AD I HAVE EVER SEEN and FOR WHAT COULD BE THE
DREAM CAR FOR SO MANY OF US.

Old August 2nd 07, 03:21 AM posted to rec.autos.antique
tranch

Pictures? You can post them at alt.binaries.autos. Location? Where is the
car? Besides the heated garage!

Old August 2nd 07, 05:27 AM posted to rec.autos.antique
George Patterson

T.W.Spencer wrote:
> 2 nd owner, owned since 1965

Stude is right. Pretend this is the greatest vehicle ever made and write a new
ad. Include every piece of info you think anyone might want to know. Clean the
car up a bit and post photos on some free web site somewhere.

The 49-51 FOMOCO products are *very* desirable classics. Treat yours that way.

George Patterson
If you torture the data long enough, eventually it will confess
to anything.
Old August 2nd 07, 11:20 PM posted to rec.autos.antique
T.W.Spencer

Well people, guess you did not approve of my listing. I have photos
somewhere, guess I should look for them. However, I am working on 3 houses,
in various stages. Time is not something I need to spend on this car I do
not really want to get rid of, the 3rd owner can do as he or she wishes. It
is in my basement garage in my home in southern Vermont. Any one have any
real interest, I will speak to them with all details.

Thanks for your replies

Tom

Old August 3rd 07, 12:49 AM posted to rec.autos.antique
Stude

On Aug 2, 3:20 pm, "T.W.Spencer" > wrote:
> Well people, guess you did not approve of my listing. I have photos
> somewhere, guess I should look for them. However, I am working on 3 houses,
> in various stages. Time is not something I need to spend on this car I do
> not really want to get rid of, the 3rd owner can do as he or she wishes. It
> is in my basement garage in my home in southern Vermont. Any one have any
> real interest, I will speak to them with all details.
>
> Thanks for your replies
>
> Tom

Keep the car.
Rent and watch "Rebel Without a Cause"
If you don't get it restored now, put the car away for longtime
storage.
If, within the next decade you don't retore it, advertize it in the
AARP magazine.
Seven months later, shoot yourself <g>