What's this S-10 truck worth?

Old February 26th 05, 06:50 PM

Default What's this S-10 truck worth?

1997 Chevy S-10 extended cab, 2WD, 4.3 Vortec, automatic trans, 98,500
miles, manual windows and locks, A/C, missing tailgate (don't ask).
Needs minor things like floor mats, a lever for reclining seat, rear
view mirror loose, headlight has condensation. Exterior in good
condition, runs and drives well.

I'm considering buying this. The dealer wants US$3995 but I'm not
paying that much.

So, what's it worth? NADA, Kelley, and Edmunds prices are worthless.

TIA

Old February 27th 05, 05:16 AM
One-Shot Scot

> wrote in message
oups.com...
<<1997 Chevy S-10 extended cab, 2WD, 4.3 Vortec, automatic trans, 98,500
miles, manual windows and locks, A/C, missing tailgate (don't ask). Needs
minor things like floor mats, a lever for reclining seat, rear view mirror
loose, headlight has condensation. Exterior in good condition, runs and
drives well.>>

<<I'm considering buying this. The dealer wants US$3995 but I'm not paying
that much.>>

<<So, what's it worth? NADA, Kelley, and Edmunds prices are worthless.

The truck is worth whatever the dealer can get for it. If the asking price
is too high, the truck will stay on the lot for a while.

However, dealers often put customers with bad credit into overpriced
vehicles.

As they say in the car business, "there's an ass for every seat."

Old February 27th 05, 12:35 PM
Rob Munach

One-Shot Scot wrote:

> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> <<1997 Chevy S-10 extended cab, 2WD, 4.3 Vortec, automatic trans, 98,500
> miles, manual windows and locks, A/C, missing tailgate (don't ask). Needs
> minor things like floor mats, a lever for reclining seat, rear view mirror
> loose, headlight has condensation. Exterior in good condition, runs and
> drives well.>>
>
> <<I'm considering buying this. The dealer wants US$3995 but I'm not paying
> that much.>>
>
> <<So, what's it worth? NADA, Kelley, and Edmunds prices are worthless.
> TIA>>
>

> The truck is worth whatever the dealer can get for it. If the asking price
> is too high, the truck will stay on the lot for a while.
>
> However, dealers often put customers with bad credit into overpriced
> vehicles.
>
> As they say in the car business, "there's an ass for every seat."

The same truck could likley be had for $2500 on the street.

--
Rob Munach, PE
Excel Engineering
Old February 27th 05, 02:07 PM

Thanks to everyone who posted. The truck seems to be in fairly good
condition, but apparently these things don't hold their value as well
as I thought. I'm looking for one as an adddition to my car (paying
cash).

I did find another that's 3 years newer, less miles, more options for
less money, and private seller. I'll be checking that out.