troubleshooting

Old April 13th 06, 09:34 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default troubleshooting

i have a 99 mitsubishi eclipse 2.0 dohc non turbo. i have a problem
with just driving the thing. it idles roughly and when u try
accelerating the RPM's go up very slowly and there is a popping sound
coming out the intake. also upon acceleration the car stutters as if it
wants to go but something is stopping it.i put it on a gas analyzer and
the HC's were as high as 5000. im suspecting either a stuck closed
exhaust valve or a stuck open intake valve. or possibly just worn
cam-lobes. tomorrow in ill do a CLT and ill find out whats happening
inside there but if anybody has any ideas of freeing up stuck valves
please let me know ill appreciate it

Old April 13th 06, 10:31 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

greasemonkey19 wrote:
> i have a 99 mitsubishi eclipse 2.0 dohc non turbo. i have a problem
> with just driving the thing. it idles roughly and when u try
> accelerating the RPM's go up very slowly and there is a popping sound
> coming out the intake. also upon acceleration the car stutters as if it
> wants to go but something is stopping it.i put it on a gas analyzer and
> the HC's were as high as 5000. im suspecting either a stuck closed
> exhaust valve or a stuck open intake valve. or possibly just worn
> cam-lobes. tomorrow in ill do a CLT and ill find out whats happening
> inside there but if anybody has any ideas of freeing up stuck valves
> please let me know ill appreciate it

I imagine the check engine light is on.. what are the codes?.. it
sounds like it could even be ignition related..

Jim