Best FENDER FLARE ??

Old May 5th 05, 11:35 AM
Miguel Cunha

Default Best FENDER FLARE ??

Hi, I own a 98 TJ and because of my 33 tires aren't legal for street use, I
need to replace my stock fender flares.
My question is which one must I buy: Bestop, Bushwacker, ...?
Appreciate any help.

Mike

Old May 6th 05, 04:16 AM

Mike,
I have had the Bestops on my 98TJ for several years and they have been
great with 33x12.5 BFGs. As you know, these are slightly rounded and
bulging in profile compared to stock. Bushwackers have externally
visible bolts. You can't go wrong with either one. Just pick the style
you like!
Regards,

Guri

Old May 6th 05, 11:30 PM

I have a brand new set of the Bushwackers without the external bolts
that I'd be willing to sell if you're interested. They look same as
stock but are wider. I never got around to putting them on my '98
before trading in for a WJ.

Old May 7th 05, 04:21 AM
twaldron

Those two are great choices. If you go with the Bushwacker Pocket
flares, buy some real stainless hardware seperately. Theirs is cheap
plated BS. Once you screw them in during installation, you breach the
cheap plate and they begin to rust.

Miguel Cunha wrote:

> Hi, I own a 98 TJ and because of my 33 tires aren't legal for street use, I
> need to replace my stock fender flares.
> My question is which one must I buy: Bestop, Bushwacker, ...?
> Appreciate any help.
>
> Mike

tw

71 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco
03 TJ Rubicon - Rubicon Express 4.5"
01 XJ Sport

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
-- Dave Barry

Pronunciation: 'jEp
Function: noun
Date: 1940

Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 inch wheelbase')
A small general-purpose motor vehicle with 80-inch wheelbase,
1/4-ton capacity, and four-wheel drive used by the U.S. army in
World War II.

(Please remove the OBVIOUS to reply by email)
Old May 7th 05, 08:59 PM
Jerry Bransford

I see and have Bushwacker flares (the Pocket style) installed on client
(new Jeep dealers) Jeeps all the time because many of my customers like
their looks. But in my opinion, they're the cheapest made and the most
likely to break of any of them. I've had Tera, Bestop, and Warn flares
on my own Jeep and would use any of them before Bushwacker. Warn's and
Tera's (not sure if Tera still sells them though) are the same exact
flare and are the strongest of them all in my opinion.

Jerry

--
Jerry Bransford
PP-ASEL N6TAY
Old May 9th 05, 10:00 PM
MC4

Guys, thanks for your input and Jerry nice to "ear" from you again.
You know, here in Portugal is very difficult (and expensive) to get all kind
of goodies for my TJ, so I need all the help I can get from the group.

In fact I have the same opinion about the Bushwackers: the look is great but
it seams that they'll break if lean against a tree or a rock, so I'll try
to take a look on the Warn or Bestop ones.

Thanks and drive safely,

Miguel Cunha
(in Portugal)

jeep fender compatibility?? serg Jeep 8 March 10th 05 01:44 AM
Fender Flares alex d Jeep 7 February 22nd 05 03:20 AM
Fender flare opinions Dennis Cox Jeep 4 February 4th 05 03:02 AM
Can you buy a lf fender of civic root Honda 3 January 7th 05 04:33 PM
FS: 1951 Chevy Parts Deluxe Fender Chrome, 51-52 Fender Skirts Etc! jack Antique cars 0 October 21st 03 03:05 AM