All electric locks make a noise

Old August 31st 06, 05:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
vidboy

Default All electric locks make a noise

My 2001 explorer has a power lock problem. when I use the remote or the
door switch.
All the door locks,even the tailgate go through the same type of noise.
It sounds like the
solenoid on all 4 doors and the tailgate engage about 8 times but never
lock. The key works
but the remote is useless and it's strange how it does the same thing
on all 5 locks at the same time.
Any Ideas out there!!!!

thanks, Ken

Old August 31st 06, 06:21 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Ashton Crusher

On 30 Aug 2006 21:17:05 -0700, "vidboy" > wrote:

>My 2001 explorer has a power lock problem. when I use the remote or the
>door switch.
>All the door locks,even the tailgate go through the same type of noise.
>It sounds like the
>solenoid on all 4 doors and the tailgate engage about 8 times but never
>lock. The key works
>but the remote is useless and it's strange how it does the same thing
>on all 5 locks at the same time.
>Any Ideas out there!!!!
>
>thanks, Ken

Does it have an aftermarket alarm system on it working off the
remotes? One of those I've got insists on sending two "lock" pulses
every time it locks the doors. So it's possible something similar is
going on with yours if it's aftermarket.
Old August 31st 06, 05:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
vidboy

Thanks for the response,

No there is no after market alarm. just the panic button and it still
works.
There must be some kind of module that is out of wack. Because all the
locks are doing the exact same noise at the same time. The manual I
have
mentions nothing of any type of electrical module.

Help!!

Ken