GTR Evolution now available at GoGamer

Old August 30th 08, 04:04 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
John Doe

Default GTR Evolution now available at GoGamer

Apparently GTR Evolution includes some formula 1 racing.
That's good enough for casual car racing simulation?

http://www.gogamer.com/GTR-Evolution...viewpro d.htm

SimBin lists the release date as TBA, but that looks like it to me.

--
The first big front wheel rollerblades.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27532210@N04/2565924423/
Old September 2nd 08, 05:22 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Scallywag

John Doe > wrote in
:

> Apparently GTR Evolution includes some formula 1 racing.
> That's good enough for casual car racing simulation?
>
> http://www.gogamer.com/GTR-Evolution...tId50558755VVc
> atId444758VVviewprod.htm
>
> SimBin lists the release date as TBA, but that looks like it to me.

It's on Steam as of today too. $19.99. Think I will go purchase and
download it now.
Old September 2nd 08, 05:27 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Scallywag

John Doe > wrote in
:

> Apparently GTR Evolution includes some formula 1 racing.
> That's good enough for casual car racing simulation?

Should just add that it is $19.99 for just the GTR Evolution expansion if
you already own Race07 and $29.99 for Race07 w/GTR Evolution. Gee, that
pricing doesn't seem fair to me because I already paid $29.99 for just
Race07. GTR Evo should therefore be free to me.

This series has lots of options to make it sort of like a casual racing
game but it is more of a simulation in the likes of GTR2 than a casual
game. If you want casual then you would maybe prefer Grid.
Old September 2nd 08, 05:52 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
John Doe

Scallywag > wrote:

> John Doe > wrote in

>> Apparently GTR Evolution includes some formula 1 racing.
>> That's good enough for casual car racing simulation?

> Should just add that it is $19.99 for just the GTR Evolution
> expansion if you already own Race07 and $29.99 for Race07 w/GTR
> Evolution. Gee, that pricing doesn't seem fair to me because I
> already paid $29.99 for just Race07. GTR Evo should therefore be
> free to me.

According to the description on GoGamer, the $20 (US) DVD version
includes Race 07.

Hope that helps

> This series has lots of options to make it sort of like a casual
> racing game but it is more of a simulation in the likes of GTR2
> than a casual game. If you want casual then you would maybe prefer
> Grid.

To me GTR feels a lot like the old Atari Race Driving. Apparently
that was geared towards simulation even though there was a lot of
power sliding around the turns which was a blast. I can't imagine
why anyone would prefer a game as opposed to a simulation especially
when the simulation can be dumbed down. For example, realistic
driving but being able to bump into other cars is fun.

Old September 2nd 08, 06:49 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
John Doe

I wrote:

> According to the description on GoGamer, the $20 (US) DVD version
> includes Race 07.

I just ordered it, so I'll let you know.

They want apparently way too much for Richard Burns Rally. It's about
$14 total on eBay from a legitimate seller.
Old September 2nd 08, 08:10 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Scallywag

John Doe > wrote in news:XD3vk.12022$vn7.8440
@flpi147.ffdc.sbc.com:

> According to the description on GoGamer, the $20 (US) DVD version
> includes Race 07.
>
> Hope that helps

The Steam price is a rip off then. Unfortunately though, gogamer doesn't
ship to Canada.

Here's a fairly in depth review of GTR Evolution. Not so sure I really want
it now as it doesn't offer me much over what I already have in GT Legends,
GTR2, Race07 and rFactor.

http://www.virtualr.net/gtr-evolution-review/
Old September 5th 08, 01:27 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Pufnstuf

John Doe > wrote in news:lt4vk.19893$cW3.13165
@nlpi064.nbdc.sbc.com:

> They want apparently way too much for Richard Burns Rally. It's about
> $14 total on eBay from a legitimate seller.

Ah, you must be David Fisher's left testicle.
Old September 5th 08, 02:27 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
John Doe

Pufnstuf <puf stuf.here> wrote:

> John Doe <jdoe usenetlove.invalid> wrote in news:lt4vk.19893$cW3.13165

>> They want apparently way too much for Richard Burns Rally. It's about
>> $14 total on eBay from a legitimate seller.

> Ah, you must be David Fisher's left testicle.

Says a nym-shifting troll from some other groups (political maybe?).

GTR Evolution Mr T Simulators 10 July 22nd 08 09:30 PM
TSW Evolution for Sale edlajoie Simulators 0 October 10th 07 02:56 AM
Stock Car Evolution is fantastic samson Simulators 11 September 19th 06 06:02 PM
Evolution Racer Robert Jordan Simulators 1 April 12th 06 09:56 AM
GTL 39.90 at gogamer [email protected] Simulators 14 January 30th 06 02:25 AM