P1400 code, 02 Explorer

Old August 23rd 06, 12:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Jim[_6_]

Default P1400 code, 02 Explorer

The Service Engine Soon light came on and I checked the code and code
P1400 was displayed. After a bit of research I found that usually
means the DPFE sensor is bad and since it was only $35 and an easy
replacement I swapped out the part, following the procedure in the
Haynes repair manual.

I reset the code and it stayed off for 3 days / 300 miles and then
it came back on.

What else should I look at?

Thanks,
Jim

Old August 24th 06, 01:46 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Carl[_3_]

Does it set P1400 when you pull it again? Did you disconnect the negative
battery cable for +/- 1/2 hour?

Carl

Old August 25th 06, 12:22 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Jim[_6_]

Yep, P1400 again immediately after resetting it. I disconnected the
negative battery cable during the repair but haven't tried it since
then. Will give that a try Saturday morning.

Thanks,
Jim

Old August 27th 06, 03:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Jim[_6_]

I disconnected the negative battery cable for 1 hour yesterday and
after running a few errands the Service Engine Soon light came back
one.

Any more ideas?

Thanks,
Jim

Old August 27th 06, 04:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Steve Sigman[_1_]

Jim wrote:
> I disconnected the negative battery cable for 1 hour yesterday and
> after running a few errands the Service Engine Soon light came back
> one.
>
> Any more ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Jim

Have you taken the EGR system apart to clean it out and inspect the
parts ? There is a good chance that you have a plugged up EGR tube.
Old August 29th 06, 11:37 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Jim[_6_]

On 2006-08-27, Steve Sigman > wrote:
> Jim wrote:
>> I disconnected the negative battery cable for 1 hour yesterday and
>> after running a few errands the Service Engine Soon light came back
>> one.
>>
>> Any more ideas?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Jim
>>

> Have you taken the EGR system apart to clean it out and inspect the
> parts ? There is a good chance that you have a plugged up EGR tube.

No, will look at that this weekend - thanks,

Jim