TJ OEM side marker wiring

Old February 27th 06, 03:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default TJ OEM side marker wiring

Anyone have an idea what the part number is and where I can get an OEM
wiring harness for the front turn signal and side marker lights for a
'97 TJ? My local dealer wants to sell me the entire wiring harness
when all I need if the T that connects to the front passenger side
lights. I know this has been a troublesome part for a lot of folks so
I'm hoping either a stock or upgraded part is available seperately.
Any help is appreciated!

Dave

Old February 27th 06, 11:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

wrote in news:1141055854.082811.115610
@e56g2000cwe.googlegroups.com:

> Anyone have an idea what the part number is and where I can get an OEM
> wiring harness for the front turn signal and side marker lights for a
> '97 TJ? My local dealer wants to sell me the entire wiring harness
> when all I need if the T that connects to the front passenger side
> lights. I know this has been a troublesome part for a lot of folks so
> I'm hoping either a stock or upgraded part is available seperately.
> Any help is appreciated!
>
> Dave

They don't make it anymore w/o the entire harness, $$$. I have been
collecting them for the past couple of months, once I get a couple of
more I'll sell them as I get them, $25 ea. Not going to let any go till I
have 2 more L/R on the shelf. The marker and signal light inserts also
changed.
Are you also aware that in 97 the harness changed as did a bunch of
other stuff beside the heater/def/controls from slider to round.
I have also been hunting around for the connectors, considering building
them from scratch for both sides. We have 2 97's, early runs and one was
rolled last year which is when I found out about the grill, hood
differences which also included the hood release, little rubber bumpers
with their $2ea inserts.
The biggest rip though is $42 from the dealer for one of those stainless
steel rims to hold the headlight in the bucket, the one with the 4 tabs
on it, I almost fell over..
Old March 1st 06, 06:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Thanks Rich. Let me know when you've got an extra kit. I've looked
for the connectors as well with no luck either.

Dave