rFactor - Reserved key ?

Old November 15th 04, 10:45 AM
MadDAWG

Default rFactor - Reserved key ?

I tried mapping the two buttons on the back of my MSFF wheel, but the game
calls them reserved keys and won't let me. I had the same thing in GTR as
well so its got to be an ISI thing. Any known work around?

MadDAWG

Old November 15th 04, 02:20 PM
FAnderson

I use MSFF wheel and it works fine.. you should look at your sidewainder
software and make sure that you do not have a "profile" or "Scheme" that
is mapping those buttons. Best bet is to make a new GTR or rFactor Scheme.
Fred

Old November 15th 04, 03:51 PM
Plowboy2

Dawg,

You got the sidewinder software installed correct? in there you can
"Assign" buttons to things, like the GPL profile I have uses the button 6 to
hit the space (raise arm) in gpl, now you can change that button to send any
other "KEY is pressed" when you hit that button, to one that's not reserved
in the game, that is what I had to do.

MadDAWG enlightened us with:

Old November 15th 04, 04:26 PM
MadDAWG

"Plowboy2" > wrote in message
> Dawg,
>
> You got the sidewinder software installed correct? in there you can
> "Assign" buttons to things, like the GPL profile I have uses the button 6

> hit the space (raise arm) in gpl, now you can change that button to send

any
> other "KEY is pressed" when you hit that button, to one that's not

reserved
> in the game, that is what I had to do.

I guess I could do that. The only problem is that it then screws up every
other game I have because I use the same buttons for every game. It just
blows my mind that they would do something like that. I mean is jumping from
car to car so important they had to reserve keys for it?

Thanks
MadDAWG

Old November 15th 04, 04:28 PM
MadDAWG

"FAnderson" > wrote in message
> I use MSFF wheel and it works fine.. you should look at your sidewainder
> software and make sure that you do not have a "profile" or "Scheme" that
> is mapping those buttons. Best bet is to make a new GTR or rFactor Scheme.
> Fred

No button mapping at all. I purposely avoid that just so one game won't
screw up another. The same buttons work just fine in other game slike
NR2003, GPL, etc.

MadDAWG

Old November 15th 04, 06:10 PM
Plowboy2

Yeah Dawg,

It is a catch 22 on this, since the WHEEL is made to be flexible,
flexing isnt guaranteed in each game... I finally had to do this because I
use the left "Paddle" for the clutch in many sims... but the paddle, thanks
to the profile I used which is based on the GLP profile, configures the
"button" which the OS thinks that it sends something that is almost always
reserved in most games (I cant remember, seems it is a space or C?) Nice
thing is that most my other games that I care about, GPL & NR2003 could care
less what key this is unless it is one of the Fkeys, the P or the ESC (those
are kinda reserved ya know) once I found the key I just updated the
assignments in both GPL & NR and all was just fine...