1994 F250 - No spark after coil

Old July 7th 05, 03:40 PM
lucasred

Default 1994 F250 - No spark after coil

1994 F250 w/5.8L stopped while driving at 25 mph. No spark at coil spark
terminal. I do have 12volts showing at the + coil terminal. I replaced the
coil still nothing. I had the ignition module tested at Napa. Tested OK.
Any thoughts appreciated.

Old July 17th 05, 06:13 AM
lucasred

I've found that I only have 1 volt coming out of pin 4 ICM during cranking.
Manual calls for 90% of battery voltage during cranking. I follwed this
yellow with black striped wire to the PCM where it is located at pin 4
there also. Tested voltage directly out of PCM - still 1 volt. Does anyone
know what function the pin 4 for either ICM or PCM is supposed to perform?

Old July 17th 05, 02:40 PM
Mike Romain

Sounds like you are missing the wire from the starter solenoid to the
coil that provides power to the ignition when cranking.

The ICM only puts out voltage when the key is in run, not start.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

lucasred wrote:

> I've found that I only have 1 volt coming out of pin 4 ICM during cranking.
> Manual calls for 90% of battery voltage during cranking. I follwed this
> yellow with black striped wire to the PCM where it is located at pin 4
> there also. Tested voltage directly out of PCM - still 1 volt. Does anyone
> know what function the pin 4 for either ICM or PCM is supposed to perform?

Problem starting car - No spark The Outlander Ford Mustang 11 July 20th 05 01:35 AM
1994 Dodge Dakota coil dodgedakota 4x4 0 March 12th 05 05:57 PM
leaf springs [email protected] Corvette 3 March 10th 05 11:42 PM
HELP!!! - Ignition coil problem on 99 LS1 Christopher Martin Corvette 0 October 10th 04 09:08 PM