wrangler diesel coming soon?

Old June 26th 05, 02:54 PM
jbratton

Default wrangler diesel coming soon?

Anyone know if a Wrangler diesel is coming any time soon? I have 2000
Cherokee and 2K Sahara... I don't want to buy another car unless it is a
Jeep w/diesel ... (& I don't fancy the liberty).

Old June 26th 05, 03:12 PM
Dave Milne

Don't think so, (unless you are a military customer buying the TJL in which
case you can apparently get a 2.8 CRD).

Dave Milne, Scotland
'91 Grand Wagoneer, '99 TJ
m...

Old June 26th 05, 05:56 PM

No, unfortunately or fortunately you will have to build one if you
want one. There is no reason any of several extant engines can't be
fitted in a YJ or TJ.

Old June 26th 05, 08:41 PM

If they can sell the VM engine in the Libty they can sell it-or a 6
cylinder variant-in the TJ. Obviously.

We desperately need Euro II standards for onroad diesel fuel and we
need it now. While I respect OOIDA I disagree with them on this issue.
The price will go up four to six cents a gallon and the big operators
will have to raise their rates. Operators of OLD engines with CAV or
Roosa Master pumps or early PT Cumminses-the only engines that can't
handle Euro II-will have to add oil or refit alternate pumps. And
that's not a single linehaul engine on the road today.

Old June 27th 05, 05:17 PM
Nat Man

Your best bet would be to check and see if one is distributed in Europe or
Australia and bringing it over here.

Nat Man

m...

Old June 29th 05, 12:55 AM

Diesel powered polluters are more common in California than anywhere
else-the REAL polluters: Class 8 trucks belching soot. Automotive
diesels are far cleaner.

Old June 29th 05, 01:18 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Yes, I was so happy when the Mercedes across the street form me,
died.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old June 29th 05, 04:36 AM