Investigation Vowed in L.A. Shooting

Old May 10th 05, 03:41 PM
MidnightDad

Default Investigation Vowed in L.A. Shooting

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=744016

LOS ANGELES May 10, 2005 — Authorities promised a full investigation
Tuesday into why deputies riddled a sport utility vehicle and a
Compton neighborhood with 120 bullets after the driver led them on a
chase, wounding an unarmed driver and possibly striking a deputy.

Old May 10th 05, 05:43 PM
Larry Bud

MidnightDad wrote:
> http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=744016
>
> LOS ANGELES May 10, 2005 - Authorities promised a full

investigation
> Tuesday into why deputies riddled a sport utility vehicle and a
> Compton neighborhood with 120 bullets after the driver led them on a
> chase, wounding an unarmed driver and possibly striking a deputy.

The question in the article was "why did they fire 120 times"???

The real investgation should be "why are LA cops such suck ass shots?"
They only hit the guy 4 times. 3.33%!!!

Old May 10th 05, 05:45 PM
Ted B.

> The question in the article was "why did they fire 120 times"???
>
> The real investgation should be "why are LA cops such suck ass shots?"
> They only hit the guy 4 times. 3.33%!!!

Those weren't the only hits though. (you made the mistake of assuming the
cops were actually firing all 120 rounds at the guy who was hit 4
imes) -Dave

Old May 10th 05, 05:58 PM
N8N

MidnightDad wrote:
> http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=744016
>
> LOS ANGELES May 10, 2005 - Authorities promised a full

investigation
> Tuesday into why deputies riddled a sport utility vehicle and a
> Compton neighborhood with 120 bullets after the driver led them on a
> chase, wounding an unarmed driver and possibly striking a deputy.

Um, ****ing DUH? the cops got a shots fired call and when they
attempted to pull over a vehicle fitting the description of the perp's
vehicle the driver ran for it. Good for the cops I say, although some
remedial target practice might be in order.

Does this REALLY require an investigation? Run from the cops, get
shot. Not rocket science.

nate

Old May 10th 05, 06:02 PM
Larry Bud

Ted B. wrote:

> > The question in the article was "why did they fire 120 times"???
> >
> > The real investgation should be "why are LA cops such suck ass

shots?"
> > They only hit the guy 4 times. 3.33%!!!
> >

> Those weren't the only hits though. (you made the mistake of

assuming the
> cops were actually firing all 120 rounds at the guy who was hit 4
> imes) -Dave

What, prey tell, do you think they were shooting at?

Old May 10th 05, 06:51 PM
JohnH

MidnightDad wrote:
> http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=744016
>
> LOS ANGELES May 10, 2005 - Authorities promised a full investigation

I would attend the award ceremony.

They should run a video every hour on every TV channel promoting it as their
"New high speed chase policy".

Old May 10th 05, 07:15 PM
John David Galt

>> LOS ANGELES May 10, 2005 - Authorities promised a full investigation
>> Tuesday into why deputies riddled a sport utility vehicle and a
>> Compton neighborhood with 120 bullets after the driver led them on a
>> chase, wounding an unarmed driver and possibly striking a deputy.

> The question in the article was "why did they fire 120 times"???
>
> The real investgation should be "why are LA cops such suck ass shots?"
> They only hit the guy 4 times. 3.33%!!!

No, the real question should be "why aren't all those asshole cops in
jail?" They must think they're ATF agents.

Public complaint bureaus aren't enough. Ordinary people need the right
to prosecute this sort of thing. I wonder how many bystanders had their
property shot up as a result of these bozos.
Old May 10th 05, 08:33 PM
Ted B.

>> Those weren't the only hits though. (you made the mistake of
> assuming the
>> cops were actually firing all 120 rounds at the guy who was hit 4
>> imes) -Dave

> What, prey tell, do you think they were shooting at?

Well what did they hit? -Dave

Old May 10th 05, 09:39 PM
223rem

N8N wrote:

> Run from the cops, get shot.

Maybe in Soviet Russia or Nazi Germany (or in Texas). Cops are not supposed to
shoot at fleeing suspects.
Old May 11th 05, 12:29 AM
Nate Nagel

223rem wrote:

> N8N wrote:
>
>> Run from the cops, get shot.

> Maybe in Soviet Russia or Nazi Germany (or in Texas). Cops are not
> supposed to
> shoot at fleeing suspects.

If they're obviously fleeing (and in this case it sounds like they were,
not just "driving to a safe location) why the hell not? My only
question is why it took so many rounds to stop them. Geez, why don't we
take away the officers' guns and just issue them bullhorns so they can
politely ask drivers to pull over.

Given that the cops thought they were responding to a "shots fired" call
I don't have any problem at all with what they did, other than their
**** poor aim.

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.