What Does it Mean When Coolant Pours Out of AC Condensation Disharge Tube

Old May 10th 05, 01:59 AM
KC

Default What Does it Mean When Coolant Pours Out of AC Condensation Disharge Tube

Is this a sign the heater core is shot?

The car is a 1990 Beretta with the 3.1 v6.

Old May 10th 05, 02:11 AM
pater

YES

Old May 10th 05, 04:28 AM
John S.

It's also a sign you have been breathing ethylene glycol fumes for a
long time. Didn't you notice a strange sweet odor and unusual fogging
of the windows long before coolant started running out on the ground?

Old May 10th 05, 07:09 AM
KC

John

This was a sudden failure. I didn't have the fogged windows or venting
of anti-freeze fumes that some others had experienced when their heater
cores failed.

Old May 10th 05, 11:51 AM
pater

This particular core is plastic/aluminum, including plastic pipes where
the hoses connect. When you get it apart you'll find one of these tubes
broken where it connects to the core. The good news is, if I remember
correctly, they are very easy to change on this vehicle. Good luck.

Old May 10th 05, 11:43 PM
MisterSkippy

On 9 May 2005 17:59:31 -0700, "KC" > wrote:

>Is this a sign the heater core is shot?
>
>The car is a 1990 Beretta with the 3.1 v6.

Sounds like an unusually dramatic failure of the heater core. I've
never seen one do that but if it really blew out then the coolant
would vent out that tube and possibly onto the floor.
FWIW
YMMV
DFB