Ideas for 4x4 purchase

Old August 20th 06, 12:26 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4
[email protected]

Default Ideas for 4x4 purchase

I have a 1998 Toyota Forerunner, sport model I have been very happy
with. It has 115,000 miles on it and its getting a little old, so I am
looking to buy a new one. I don't particuarly like the new Forerunner
what with it's additional width and all the anti-drive feature
(traction control, anti skid etc) and having to pay for all those extra
airbags (don't mind if others buy them but I don't want them). I'd also
prefer a stick as well as a less fuel hungry engine.

I really want a lighter vehicle, smaller engine, full deluxe leather
and real 4x4 capability (clearance and lockers). Not sure which one,
Nissan Xtera seems to be the closest. I'd get the Rav4 if it came in
offroad capable, but it doesn't. Suziki? I looked at the Jeep Liberty.
I need 4 door. It seems someone should make a smaller truly offroad one
with a small, fuel efficient turbo charged engine. That would be
perfect.

Any ideas?

Old August 22nd 06, 05:04 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Frank Morris

Howdy,
Check out the new Jeep Patriot. Now they are saying it will be out in
March of 07 but hoping for Oct of 06.

Frank X. Morris http://community.webtv.net/Sulkhalil/ChimeandFriends

Old August 22nd 06, 07:11 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Dafey

The Nissan has gotten a lot of great reviews in the 4x4 mags.

--
When Religion ruled the world , they called it the dark ages...
oups.com...