Check engine light

Old July 7th 06, 03:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
[email protected]

Default Check engine light

Hi All,

How do I turn off the check engine light? The car won't pass inspection
with it on. I tried disconnecting the battery but nothing happened. I
found some check engine code readers/erasers on EBay here
http://stores.ebay.com/OneSmartMove

Has anyone tried similar one?

Thanks,

Old July 7th 06, 05:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Alex Rodriguez

In article . com>,
says...
>Hi All,
>How do I turn off the check engine light? The car won't pass inspection
>with it on. I tried disconnecting the battery but nothing happened. I
>found some check engine code readers/erasers on EBay here

http://stores.ebay.com/OneSmartMove

>Has anyone tried similar one?

The reader/erase isn't going to help if you don't fix the problem. Find
the source of the problem and then fix it.
---------------
Alex

Old July 7th 06, 05:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
'Curly Q. Links'

wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> How do I turn off the check engine light? The car won't pass inspection
> with it on. I tried disconnecting the battery but nothing happened. I
> found some check engine code readers/erasers on EBay here

http://stores.ebay.com/OneSmartMove

> Has anyone tried similar one?
>
> Thanks,

We don't even know if we're talking about a Honda or a Ferrari.
You need to find out the actual CODE, then get it fixed. The Ferrari
owner's manual agrees with the Honda one: "Don't drive your vehicle when
the Check Engine light is on."

'Curly'
Old July 8th 06, 12:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
[email protected]

You can borrow one from Autozone for free and reset it right outside
their front door. Have them pull the codes and tell us what they are.

But with the problem there you probably won't pass an inspection if
it's an emissions code (there are transmission, body codes, etc). But
if its transient, then you are ok. Depending on the state, you may have
to let the OBD monitors run through completion before you can even pass
an inspection.

It's better to pull the codes first before clearing the codes, which
you can do by pulling the Clock/Radio Backup Fuse for a minute as well.

Old July 8th 06, 07:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Kevin McMurtrie

In article . com>,
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> How do I turn off the check engine light? The car won't pass inspection
> with it on. I tried disconnecting the battery but nothing happened. I
> found some check engine code readers/erasers on EBay here

http://stores.ebay.com/OneSmartMove

> Has anyone tried similar one?
>
> Thanks,

Disconnecting the battery does erase the code but your car is still
busted.