55 T bird

Old May 8th 06, 12:36 AM posted to rec.autos.antique

Default 55 T bird

Need to know where I can find a rear bumper. also I seen a message about the 55 T bird only starting in Neutral. NOt Park ??? mine only starts in Neutral. thought it was a switch gone bad. let me know.

thanks

--
hooper

View this thread: http://www.carstalk.net/viewtopic-412304.html

Send from http://www.carstalk.net

Old May 8th 06, 03:15 PM posted to rec.autos.antique

hooper > wrote in
:

> Need to know where I can find a rear bumper. also I seen a message
> about the 55 T bird only starting in Neutral. NOt Park ??? mine only
> starts in Neutral. thought it was a switch gone bad. let me know.
>
> thanks

If it only starts in neutral it us usually the netural safety switch.
KB

--
Thunder Snake #9
"Protect" your rights or "lose" them.

Old May 8th 06, 08:46 PM posted to rec.autos.antique

Ignore KB's reply. All '55 Ford cars were built to start in Neutral only,
not in Park.

Old May 10th 06, 02:03 PM posted to rec.autos.antique

"Duncan Craig" > wrote in
:

> Ignore KB's reply. All '55 Ford cars were built to start in Neutral
> only, not in Park.
>
> "hooper" > wrote in message
>>
>> Need to know where I can find a rear bumper. also I seen a message
>> about the 55 T bird only starting in Neutral. NOt Park ??? mine
>> only starts in Neutral. thought it was a switch gone bad. let me
>> know.
>>
>> thanks
>>

>> --
>> hooper

>> -- View this thread: http://www.carstalk.net/viewtopic-412304.html
>>
>> Send from http://www.carstalk.net

I didn`t realize that? when did they go to the park and netural and
was the 55s safety switch on the trany or colum? KB

Old May 10th 06, 10:27 PM posted to rec.autos.antique

"Kevin Bottorff" > wrote in message
> "Duncan Craig" > wrote in
> :
>
>> Ignore KB's reply. All '55 Ford cars were built to start in Neutral
>> only, not in Park.
>>
>> "hooper" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> Need to know where I can find a rear bumper. also I seen a message
>>> about the 55 T bird only starting in Neutral. NOt Park ??? mine
>>> only starts in Neutral. thought it was a switch gone bad. let me
>>> know.
>>>
>>> thanks
>>>

>>> --
>>> hooper

>>> -- View this thread: http://www.carstalk.net/viewtopic-412304.html
>>>
>>> Send from http://www.carstalk.net
>>>

> I didn`t realize that? when did they go to the park and netural and
> was the 55s safety switch on the trany or colum? KB
>
> --
> Thunder Snake #9
> "Protect" your rights or "lose" them.

My '55 Ford shop manual does not show that. They had a separate manual for
Fordomatic Transmissions & I no longer have mine. But I expect it would be
transmission mounted, as the T-Birds, had a floor-mounted shifter for the
automatic, and the other passenger cars had a column-mounted shifter.

Old May 11th 06, 04:45 AM posted to rec.autos.antique

"Duncan Craig" > wrote in
:

> "Kevin Bottorff" > wrote in message
>> "Duncan Craig" > wrote in
>> :
>>
>>> Ignore KB's reply. All '55 Ford cars were built to start in Neutral
>>> only, not in Park.

>> I didn`t realize that? when did they go to the park and netural and
>> was the 55s safety switch on the trany or colum? KB
>>
>> --
>> Thunder Snake #9
>> "Protect" your rights or "lose" them.
>>

> My '55 Ford shop manual does not show that. They had a separate
> manual for Fordomatic Transmissions & I no longer have mine. But I
> expect it would be transmission mounted, as the T-Birds, had a
> floor-mounted shifter for the automatic, and the other passenger cars
> had a column-mounted shifter.

Yea that was a duh moment. I knew they were floor shift too. KB

--
Thunder Snake #9
"Protect" your rights or "lose" them.

NSR - Online play and why is there a bird chirping in my ear? Larry Simulators 3 February 21st 05 08:20 PM
1956 Ford T Bird Landau - Original George K Antique cars 0 July 17th 04 05:39 PM
Bird Poop? [email protected] Saturn 7 May 14th 04 04:13 AM
FS: 65 t- bird!! alan steppe Antique cars 0 February 5th 04 12:03 AM