SZ for sale

Old June 9th 04, 03:32 PM
Tom Boltwood

Default SZ for sale

My brother just found this on ebay, seem to remember someone was looking for
one?

http://tinyurl.com/364o6

Old June 9th 04, 06:35 PM
SteveH

Tom Boltwood > wrote:

> My brother just found this on ebay, seem to remember someone was looking for
> one?
>
> http://tinyurl.com/364o6

*drool*

I'd double that mileage in the first week if I could afford it.
VW Golf GL Cabrio - Alfa 75 TS - Nissan Primera 2.0SLXi - COSOC KOTL
Old June 9th 04, 08:26 PM
George Graves

In article >,
Tom Boltwood > wrote:

> My brother just found this on ebay, seem to remember someone was looking for
> one?
>
> http://tinyurl.com/364o6

If only my !@#$%^ Federal Government would let me bring this puppy into
the country, I'd buy it in one quick minute!

--
George Graves
------------------

"This election is shaping up great. Our choices
are a guy who has a lot of second thoughts, or
a guy who has never had a first thought."
-- Jay Leno
Old June 9th 04, 09:29 PM
Tony Rickard

"George Graves" wrote:

> If only my !@#$%^ Federal Government would let me bring this puppy into
> the country, I'd buy it in one quick minute!

If you own it in the UK for so long can you not import it?

I'll look after it for you. I have a garage. I will even run it every
weekend for you.

Ok so I'll even look after it rent free - what a guy...

Old June 9th 04, 10:50 PM
Catman

SteveH wrote:

> Tom Boltwood > wrote:
>
>> My brother just found this on ebay, seem to remember someone was looking
>> for one?
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/364o6

> *drool*
>
> I'd double that mileage in the first week if I could afford it.

What an utter waste. I mean *why*?? A short run every three weeks. By
bloody fiesta.

Bet the engine is in a right state
Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old June 9th 04, 11:12 PM
Pete

On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 21:50:51 GMT, Catman >,
wrote:

>What an utter waste. I mean *why*?? A short run every three weeks. By
>bloody fiesta.
>
>Bet the engine is in a right state

I agree. Bloody low millage owners should not be allowed
to keep these types of car. They should be Made to use them
so that They can be Seen and enjoyed.

No wonder the seller reckons many people don't recognise what it is,
if he keeps it locked away from public gaze. Mad. What does he do?
Live abroad, and just come home every 3 weeks to feed the goldfish
and take a quick peek at his car?

Pete
--

156 2.0 TS (2001) - Proteo Rosso (his)
147 2.0 TS (2002) - Gem Green (her's)
Old June 10th 04, 02:47 AM
George Graves

In article >,
"Tony Rickard" > wrote:

> "George Graves" wrote:
> >
> > If only my !@#$%^ Federal Government would let me bring this puppy into
> > the country, I'd buy it in one quick minute!

> If you own it in the UK for so long can you not import it?
>
> I'll look after it for you. I have a garage. I will even run it every
> weekend for you.
>
> Ok so I'll even look after it rent free - what a guy...

No. The law says that you would have to keep it for me until it was 25
years old before I could bring it in without DOT safety approval. OK for
you, not OK for me. In 12 more years I'll be too old to enjoy it. ;->

--
George Graves
------------------

Old June 10th 04, 07:06 AM
Catman

Pete wrote:

> On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 21:50:51 GMT, Catman
> >, wrote:
>

>>What an utter waste. I mean *why*?? A short run every three weeks. By
>>bloody fiesta.
>>
>>Bet the engine is in a right state

> I agree. Bloody low millage owners should not be allowed
> to keep these types of car. They should be Made to use them
> so that They can be Seen and enjoyed.

No, no no. They should be made to lend them to me for that pupose

> No wonder the seller reckons many people don't recognise what it is,
> if he keeps it locked away from public gaze. Mad. What does he do?
> Live abroad, and just come home every 3 weeks to feed the goldfish
> and take a quick peek at his car?

Probably keeps the goldfish in the coolant header tank

Old June 10th 04, 09:33 AM
Carl Farrington

George Graves wrote:
> In article >,
> "Tony Rickard" > wrote:
>
>> "George Graves" wrote:
>>>
>>> If only my !@#$%^ Federal Government would let me bring this puppy
>>> into the country, I'd buy it in one quick minute!

>> If you own it in the UK for so long can you not import it?
>>
>> I'll look after it for you. I have a garage. I will even run it every
>> weekend for you.
>>
>> Ok so I'll even look after it rent free - what a guy...

> No. The law says that you would have to keep it for me until it was 25
> years old before I could bring it in without DOT safety approval. OK
> for you, not OK for me. In 12 more years I'll be too old to enjoy it.
> ;->

after reading that *twice*, I finally realised that you're not 12 yrs old.
phew

Old June 10th 04, 10:58 AM
George Graves

In article >,
"Carl Farrington" > wrote:

> George Graves wrote:
> > In article >,

> >> If you own it in the UK for so long can you not import it?
> >>
> >> I'll look after it for you. I have a garage. I will even run it every
> >> weekend for you.
> >>
> >> Ok so I'll even look after it rent free - what a guy...

> > No. The law says that you would have to keep it for me until it was 25
> > years old before I could bring it in without DOT safety approval. OK
> > for you, not OK for me. In 12 more years I'll be too old to enjoy it.
> > ;->

> after reading that *twice*, I finally realised that you're not 12 yrs old.
> phew

No, unfortunately, I'm not 12 years old. You would have to hold on to
the car until THE CAR was 25 years old, not me. :-)

--
George Graves