Fat, Dumb Trucker Makes Fun of Californians

Old January 5th 05, 02:50 PM
Dan J.S.

"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message
> As might be expected, the top story this morning on the KTLA Morning
> News is not the tsunami devastation, but team coverage of another
> natural disaster, the closing of Interstate 5 due to snow.
>
> I-5 has been closed for some 32 hours now, with no firm indication of
> when it will reopen. As this report shows, hundreds of Truckers are
> "stranded" in Castaic, waiting for the highway to reopen.
>
> http://www.tinyurl.com/54nf2/
>
> Say, genius, in the 32 hours you've been sitting in Castaic on your
> fat ass, you could have gone to Fresno via *Arizona* if you wanted to!
>
> What a bunch of ****ing dopes!! If you're so concerned about how much
> money you're losing, turn the ****ing truck around, and take an
> alternate route!
>
> SHEESH!!!

It's an insurance thing. If the cargo is perishable, a road closure means
the trucker will get all their money from insurance and all they have to do
is sit on their asses. They are bitching for show.

Old January 6th 05, 03:34 PM
C. E. White

"Scott en Aztlán" wrote:

> >And without good infomration about how long the road will be
> >closed, it is hard to make a decision on when to take an
> >alternate route.

> The road was closed 32 hours at the time of that report. How long
> would YOU have waited?

What were the people waiting told? If you told me it would
be 32 hours until the road opened, I'd take an alternate
route. However, if I had already waited 32 hours (or 1 hour
or 10 hours) and was being told it will open any minute now,
I'd just sit tight. Without good information, blindly
heading for an alternate route is not the slam dunk you seem
to think that it is. This is especially true if you are
unfamilar with the area.

Ed
Old January 6th 05, 03:34 PM
C. E. White

Old January 6th 05, 05:20 PM
Motorhead Lawyer

> Loser John Kerry Loses OHIO Again wrote:
> >
> >"Scott en Aztl=E1n" > wrote in message
> .. .
> >> As might be expected, the top story this morning on the KTLA

Morning
> >> News is not the tsunami devastation, but team coverage of another
> >> natural disaster, the closing of Interstate 5 due to snow.
> >>
> >> I-5 has been closed for some 32 hours now, with no firm indication

of
> >> when it will reopen. As this report shows, hundreds of Truckers

are
> >> "stranded" in Castaic, waiting for the highway to reopen.

http://www.tinyurl.com/54nf2/

> >> Say, genius, in the 32 hours you've been sitting in Castaic on

your
> >> fat ass, you could have gone to Fresno via *Arizona* if you wanted

to!

> >Hey dumb**** , when the snow hits and teh road shuts down, you can't

just
> >turn around on a 4 lane HWY as it is SHUT DOWN ! Duhhhhhh. What

preschool

Old January 6th 05, 05:20 PM
Motorhead Lawyer

Old January 6th 05, 06:05 PM