OT I'm not even going to try to act surprised

Old July 14th 05, 04:12 AM
Bryan

"Shag" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 19:17:31 -0600, "Bryan"
>
> I got criticized by a friend for eating at an indian restaurant last
> week. I wasn't sure if he was serious or not and didn't ask him
> because I was worried his answer would make me think less of him. I
> ate indian food yesterday (and last week the same day my friend made
> his smartass anti-indian comments) for lunch (a LOT of it) and will
> probably eat it again this week. My doctor is an indian woman with
> the bead thingie in her forehead. Don't be hatin'!! :-) If I had to
> rank my taste in food then the list would start out like:
> 1- American (cheeseburgers, fried chicken, meatloaf, gravy on all of
> the above..)
> 2- Indian food (rasam, saag paneer)
> 3- Mexican food....
> etc

Mmmmmmm, food.

My daughter and son-in-law live in Raliegh, he was born and raised there,
she's been there since jr. high.

They aren't fond of Carolina BBQ. Go figure, that's what I like about NC...

See, we may disagree, but we all like to eat.

Bryan

Old July 14th 05, 08:11 AM
Juper Wort

"Shag" > wrote in message
> http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/st...527288,00.html

I'm more surprised it happened here in Nottingham. We have a large racial
mix, in fact, the largest Indian community outside of Bombay is 20 miles
away, apparently. Most of our trouble is gang and drug related rather than
any racial hatred.

James

Old July 14th 05, 06:54 PM
Seth Graham

On 2005-07-14, Shag > wrote:

> ate indian food yesterday (and last week the same day my friend made
> his smartass anti-indian comments) for lunch (a LOT of it) and will
> probably eat it again this week. My doctor is an indian woman with
> the bead thingie in her forehead. Don't be hatin'!! :-)

I enjoy indian food as much as anyone else out there, but living next
to the people who make it is a bit of a chore.

My apartment building has a shared hallway between all the units, and
it constantly reeks. It's a smell you love to smell when hungry, but
not at any other time.

The stench glues itself to anything it lands on and never goes away.
The worst is turning on the air conditioning.. and for the next hour
you smell curry coming out of the vents. :P

Old July 15th 05, 01:37 AM
Bryan

"Seth Graham" > wrote in message

> The stench glues itself to anything it lands on and never goes away.
> The worst is turning on the air conditioning.. and for the next hour
> you smell curry coming out of the vents. :P

Yep, try workin with a bunch a Vietnamese that heat some kind of fish head
soup in the micro wave. You can't go near the break room.

Hehe, that is culture clash at its finest.

Bryan

Old July 15th 05, 02:14 AM
Shag

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 18:37:32 -0600, "Bryan"
> wrote:

>"Seth Graham" > wrote in message
>
>> The stench glues itself to anything it lands on and never goes away.
>> The worst is turning on the air conditioning.. and for the next hour
>> you smell curry coming out of the vents. :P
>>

>Yep, try workin with a bunch a Vietnamese that heat some kind of fish head
>soup in the micro wave. You can't go near the break room.
>
>Hehe, that is culture clash at its finest.
>
>Bryan

I've got one word for you to clue you in on an issue I've run into
with other people that drives me up the wall: Deodorant. *cringe*

Old July 15th 05, 04:25 AM
John Willis

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 01:14:55 GMT, Shag >
scribbled this interesting note:

>On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 18:37:32 -0600, "Bryan"
> wrote:
>

>>"Seth Graham" > wrote in message
>>
>>> The stench glues itself to anything it lands on and never goes away.
>>> The worst is turning on the air conditioning.. and for the next hour
>>> you smell curry coming out of the vents. :P
>>>

>>Yep, try workin with a bunch a Vietnamese that heat some kind of fish head
>>soup in the micro wave. You can't go near the break room.
>>
>>Hehe, that is culture clash at its finest.
>>
>>Bryan
>>

>I've got one word for you to clue you in on an issue I've run into
>with other people that drives me up the wall: Deodorant. *cringe*

For you or them?!:~)

--
John Willis

(Remove the Primes before e-mailing me)
Old July 15th 05, 04:25 AM
Eduardo K.

In article >,
Bryan > wrote:

>goddamn religion is going to **** this world.

again.

--
Eduardo K. | Darwin pone las reglas.
http://www.carfun.cl | Murphy, la oportunidad.
Old July 15th 05, 12:56 PM
Dennis Wik

It's just to goddamned bad.

href="http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4025706&a=30209382&vt=vp">Den's
1977 Puma</a>

Old July 16th 05, 04:17 AM
Karl

Gee..... all these replies and nobody mentioned the guys name....
Kamal Butt!