cattle

Old February 4th 05, 06:43 PM
Sam O'Nella

> You may have had no accidents for 25 years, but that must be because
> you're 25 years old. There's no way you have been DRIVING for 25 years
> and never seen a duckling before.

Heh - well, I'm 45, and I've seen *plenty*.

But I do appreciate your input, and it does make sense. But I wasn't going
to speed up as I was already at the upper limit of my speed "window", and
slowing down would have put me behind the goofball, and I'm quite sure he
would have simply done the same and hung with me anyway. Maybe someday
you'll experience one of these road leeches yourself.

Old February 4th 05, 08:33 PM
Paul

"Sam O'Nella" > wrote in message
> I have to chuckle at the cattle I encounter on the highways. I'm not
> referring to farm creatures, rather the ones behind the wheel.
>
> What is it about some people that makes them "hang" with others?
>
> Last night I'm driving down the highway. I pass a car, gain some

space then
> pull in front. They proceed to speed up, get in the left lane beside

me and
> LLB. WTF? They hung like that for 30 miles, back and forth right

beside
> me, until I got off at my exit. I was on cruise control and they

obviously
> weren't; they were just mindlessly servoing to my position.
>
> It made me wonder why they felt like they "needed" to be so close to

me.

Could be any number of reasons to explain some people's behaviors....
But I have two ways of dealing with ducklings that have been effective
in getting rid of them. My first method requires making sure that there
is nobody directly behind you and then hitting the brakes and dropping
your speed by about 20MPH or so (and I can't emphasize the importance of
making sure the lane behind you is clear before doing this enough). The
ducking goes flying by and doesn't realize what happened untill he is
way ahead of you (let him wonder whether or not you saw a cop). Then you
resume your regular cruising speed and the duckling hopefully has
learned to stay away from you. The second method is to simply get off
the highway at the next exit (even if it is not your destination) or
rest area. Get away from the road for a few minutes and let the duckling
find a new "mama," while you get a drink, answer nature's call or
whatever...

Old February 5th 05, 04:25 AM
DTJ

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 23:25:37 -0500, "Sam O'Nella" >
wrote:

>>> Last night I'm driving down the highway. I pass a car, gain some
>>> space then pull in front. They proceed to speed up, get in the left
>>> lane beside me and LLB. WTF? They hung like that for 30 miles,
>>> back and forth right beside me, until I got off at my exit.

>> WTF did you allow that **** to go on for THIRTY MILES? Are you some
>> kind of moron?!?!?!!?

>Why did I allow this happen you ask?

>Believe me, I wasn't going to permit a dangerous situation to exist.

Believe me, you did.
Old February 5th 05, 04:47 AM
Usual Suspect

Sam O'Nella wrote:

> I have to chuckle at the cattle I encounter on the highways. I'm not
> referring to farm creatures, rather the ones behind the wheel.
>
> What is it about some people that makes them "hang" with others?
>
> Last night I'm driving down the highway. I pass a car, gain some space
> then
> pull in front. They proceed to speed up, get in the left lane beside me
> and
> LLB. WTF? They hung like that for 30 miles, back and forth right beside
> me, until I got off at my exit. I was on cruise control and they
> obviously weren't; they were just mindlessly servoing to my position.
>
> It made me wonder why they felt like they "needed" to be so close to me.

Salmonella, such misfortunes couldn't happen to me. And you know why? I
DRIVE IN THE LEFT LANE! Ducklings usually can't keep up because of the RLBs
they encounter.
Old February 5th 05, 05:14 AM
John Harlow

> Salmonella,

I'm glad you "got it"

>such misfortunes couldn't happen to me. And you know why?
> I DRIVE IN THE LEFT LANE! Ducklings usually can't keep up because of
> the RLBs they encounter.

It wouldn't have mattered which lane I chose. Some people just tend to
"hang" with others.

There were no other cars to be "RLBs" as you put it.

And yes, we all know how proud you are to be an LLB.

Old February 5th 05, 05:14 AM
John Harlow

DTJ wrote:

>>> WTF did you allow that **** to go on for THIRTY MILES? Are you some
>>> kind of moron?!?!?!!?

>> Why did I allow this happen you ask?

>> Believe me, I wasn't going to permit a dangerous situation to exist.

> Believe me, you did.

Sorry, no.

Old February 5th 05, 05:19 AM
Usual Suspect

John Harlow wrote:

>> Salmonella,

> I'm glad you "got it"

So you waited for someone to "get it", and you don't want to be a Salmonella
any more? You want to be "John Harlow"?
Old February 5th 05, 05:25 AM
Usual Suspect

John Harlow wrote:

> And yes, we all know how proud you are to be an LLB.

Not since today. People, don't drive in the left lane! Ever!

If you are 45, WTF are you doing on USENET, you old sick pa#@#%$%#!?
Internet is for us, young people.
Old February 5th 05, 05:28 AM
John Harlow

Usual Suspect wrote:
> John Harlow wrote:
>

>>> Salmonella,

>> I'm glad you "got it"

> So you waited for someone to "get it", and you don't want to be a
> Salmonella any more? You want to be "John Harlow"?

Yep; tired of the joke.

Old February 5th 05, 05:33 AM
John Harlow

Usual Suspect wrote:
> John Harlow wrote:
>
>> And yes, we all know how proud you are to be an LLB.

> Not since today. People, don't drive in the left lane! Ever!
>
> If you are 45, WTF are you doing on USENET, you old sick pa#@#%$%#!?
> Internet is for us, young people.

Us old pa#@#%$%#! find much entertainment messing with you whipper snapper
LLBs as we have no other life. Make that "EX"-LLBs