Cruise Control led

Old January 21st 05, 09:06 PM
Mike De Petris

Default Cruise Control led

The led is glowing too low it is old as my Chrysler Voyager is '96. Any easy
way to change it? I mean, is there a way to disassemble the plastics of the
crusie control on the handwheel without risking damage ? Or worse to fire
the air bag?

Old January 21st 05, 11:23 PM
maxpower

hmmmmm

Old January 22nd 05, 06:51 AM
Mike De Petris

m> hmmmmm

??

Old January 24th 05, 08:15 PM
Christian M. Mericle

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 21:06:56 GMT, "Mike De Petris"
> wrote:

>The led is glowing too low it is old as my Chrysler Voyager is '96. Any easy
>way to change it? I mean, is there a way to disassemble the plastics of the
>crusie control on the handwheel without risking damage ? Or worse to fire
>the air bag?

You want to tear things apart just to replace the little green LED?
I've never done it but, from the looks of things, unless you have a
compelling reason to replace it, I would leave it alone.

-- Christian
Old January 24th 05, 08:26 PM
Mike De Petris

CMM> You want to tear things apart just to replace the little green LED?
CMM> I've never done it but, from the looks of things, unless you have a
CMM> compelling reason to replace it, I would leave it alone.

ouch, I was simply "thinking the opposite way", that is, I just need to
change a simple LED and it should be very stupid to take apart those pieces
of plastic, so why should a live with this faulty thing?

Old January 25th 05, 05:32 PM
Christian M. Mericle

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 20:26:44 GMT, "Mike De Petris"
> wrote:

> CMM> You want to tear things apart just to replace the little green LED?
> CMM> I've never done it but, from the looks of things, unless you have a
> CMM> compelling reason to replace it, I would leave it alone.
>
>ouch, I was simply "thinking the opposite way", that is, I just need to
>change a simple LED and it should be very stupid to take apart those pieces
>of plastic, so why should a live with this faulty thing?

I could be wrong but I don't think you're going to be able to remove
the LED w/o taking everything apart.

-- Christian
Old January 25th 05, 06:09 PM
Mike De Petris

CMM> I could be wrong but I don't think you're going to be able to remove
CMM> the LED w/o taking everything apart.

Are you saying I must remove the wheels? What do you mean by "everything"?
It is under the plastic cover of the steering wheel so there couldn't be so
many pieces, being the airbag the most problematic.

The problem, like any other modern plastic assemly like phones, tvs,
radios... is being able to "open the box" without damaging too much the
covers, and you can only guess how the retaining mechanisms are done after
you see inside only.

Old January 25th 05, 08:34 PM
Christian M. Mericle

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 18:09:35 GMT, "Mike De Petris"
> wrote:

> CMM> I could be wrong but I don't think you're going to be able to remove
> CMM> the LED w/o taking everything apart.
>
>Are you saying I must remove the wheels? What do you mean by "everything"?
>It is under the plastic cover of the steering wheel so there couldn't be so
>many pieces, being the airbag the most problematic.
>
>The problem, like any other modern plastic assemly like phones, tvs,
>radios... is being able to "open the box" without damaging too much the
>covers, and you can only guess how the retaining mechanisms are done after
>you see inside only.

I've never done it. By everything, I'm refering to the same thng you
are (i.e. opening the "box" that holds the cruise control buttons).
Also, I'm thinking that you'll be unable to replace any LED w/o
replacing the entire switch.

-- Christian
Old January 25th 05, 08:54 PM
Mike De Petris

CMM> I've never done it. By everything, I'm refering to the same thng you
CMM> are (i.e. opening the "box" that holds the cruise control buttons).
CMM> Also, I'm thinking that you'll be unable to replace any LED w/o
CMM> replacing the entire switch.

Are you saying "impossible"?? Mmmmm this starts to sound challenging to
me...

Old January 26th 05, 04:36 PM
Christian M. Mericle

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 20:54:16 GMT, "Mike De Petris"
> wrote:

> CMM> I've never done it. By everything, I'm refering to the same thng you
> CMM> are (i.e. opening the "box" that holds the cruise control buttons).
> CMM> Also, I'm thinking that you'll be unable to replace any LED w/o
> CMM> replacing the entire switch.
>
>Are you saying "impossible"?? Mmmmm this starts to sound challenging to
>me...

I wouldn't think impossible. I was just suggesting that it may be more
trouble than benefit. Unless, of course, it's your hobby. If so,
enjoy!

-- Christian