Teraflex revolver shackles

Old May 1st 05, 04:24 PM
jaco

Default Teraflex revolver shackles

Anyone have experience with the Teraflex revolver shackles?
Strictly for off-road only?
Any amount of lift? (requiring drive shaft angle alignment?)

thanks
jaco
93 YJ
2.5" OME
30 x 9.5 BFG AT's

Old May 1st 05, 10:09 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

You must have just watched Xtreme 4X4 or Trucks on Spike TV. I
would say if you're a poser and just want to do ramps in parking lots,
than go for it.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old May 2nd 05, 07:36 AM
Rusted

I hear good things about them. Terraflex is local, so maybe there is more
in my area than others, but I see them on street vehicles a lot. They seem
to make sense to me.

Old May 2nd 05, 07:40 AM
Jerry Bransford

They may work ok on the street but I offroad, I only see them after they
have been disabled by those experienced enough with them to know how
they don't work as well as Tera thinks they do.

Jerry

--
Jerry Bransford
PP-ASEL N6TAY
Old May 2nd 05, 01:24 PM
SoK66

"jaco" > wrote in message
> Anyone have experience with the Teraflex revolver shackles?
> Strictly for off-road only?
> Any amount of lift? (requiring drive shaft angle alignment?)
>
> thanks
> jaco
> 93 YJ
> 2.5" OME
> 30 x 9.5 BFG AT's

A cople of my club members run these on fairly well built CJs and they seem
to do quite well. I've ssen a number of rigs set uo with them on the trails
and they do increase flex somewhat. IMHO, however they're too complicated to
be durable long term, and they are potentially detrimental in off camber
situations, as they'll allow suddent weight transfers to the low side.
Watched this happen last weekend, nearly caused a roll.

Old May 5th 05, 06:00 PM
jaco

And your experience with these are??????

Yes Bill, I saw it on TV, no I am not posing, yet I did 'pose' a question to
the group. Your comments smell of an opinion that may not be backed by
experience with this particular product. My question(s) are straight forward
and directed to anyone whom has had experience with the product.

Seems to me you spend an awful lot of time here and feel the need to fire
off a reply to darn near every post. I applaud you for being a fountain of
facts (World Wide Bill, I think they call you) and it is gratifying to get
quick replies here as many posters are looking for a quick answer for the
pile of parts sitting in the driveway...
BUT - in this instance your reply does nothing for me,,,, I do not read it
as a recommendation,,, I read it as you coming across as a pompous arrogant
prick.

Please take the time to read the other replies that are USEFUL to me. Then
get your yourself out to the woodshed and take the beating you deserve.

jaco

Old May 5th 05, 06:33 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

I have read the replies and agree with them. You said you watched
them on TV, didn't you see how they flop open to extend? Guess what
would have happen to a Jeep high sided when they snap open? Besides, I
run over four hundred horsepower, and my axles have to be well attached
to my chassis if I'm to survive the launch:
http://www.billhughes.com/pismo.htm
I repeat: If you're a poser and just want to do ramps in parking
lots, than go for it.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O

Old May 5th 05, 09:19 PM
Jerry Bransford

Allow me to translate what Bill actually said... "No I don't have actual
experience on this product, as you deduced. But I will obfuscate both
the subject and my reply with a nonsense answer far enough away from
actually admitting I have no experience with the product that you will
give up trying to get me to admit I have no experience with it and am
thus unqualified to give a useful response".

http://www.billhughes.com/

Old May 5th 05, 10:03 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

I have common sense and a life time of experience building race
machines. Like, I don't' have to jump off a cliff to tell you it hurts.
Now YOU tell me how they would work side hilled, all though
being connect to leaves they would be better than any TJ. Notice no side
hill pictures: http://www.bc4x4.com/pv/yj/revolvers/ This guy blames the
shackles for his rollover:
http://www.idaho4x4.com/rockhopper/rollover.asp Now, do you have
anything even more stupid to say?
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old May 6th 05, 04:00 AM
Tom Greening

Of course the guy at bc4x4 specifically states he has no side hill stability
issues, and I can't really see the difference in side hill and his position
on the rocks in his first picture. Maybe you could explain it?

No Bill, he does NOT blame the revolvers directly...... ""Well it was
probably a combination of the front revolver shackles, my RS9000 being at
the lowest setting and the line I took that caused the roll."

Don't try to twist things in order to support your opinion.

I don't know about most people, but anytime I've ever screwed something up,
the direct cause has always been me....the guy behind the wheel. I don't
blame my gear because it's my responsibility to drive within the
limitations, if any, of the gear I install.

"L.W. (ßill) Hughes III" > wrote in message
> I have common sense and a life time of experience building race
> machines. Like, I don't' have to jump off a cliff to tell you it hurts.
> Now YOU tell me how they would work side hilled, all though
> being connect to leaves they would be better than any TJ. Notice no side
> hill pictures: http://www.bc4x4.com/pv/yj/revolvers/ This guy blames the
> shackles for his rollover:
> http://www.idaho4x4.com/rockhopper/rollover.asp Now, do you have
> anything even more stupid to say?
> God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
> http://www.billhughes.com/

shackles for auction on ebay.... great for towing!!! [email protected] 4x4 0 April 11th 05 12:08 AM
Teraflex High Steer for Dana 30 Rob Jeep 0 February 22nd 05 03:46 AM
Teraflex Dana 30 Hi-Steer Rob Jeep 0 February 12th 05 08:13 PM
Teraflex Sucks sunofafish Jeep 13 January 11th 05 01:27 AM