Your Honor, don't signs have to say This Means You?

Old November 14th 06, 06:59 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
[email protected][_1_]

Default Your Honor, don't signs have to say This Means You?

Jason Pawloski wrote:
> Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
> > On 11 Nov 2006 07:53:38 -0800, "Ad absurdum per aspera"
> > > wrote:
> >
> > >http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...L&type=bondage
> > >
> > >Wherein a Chandler, AZ woman racks up photo-radar speeding tickets,
> > >some of them apparently pretty flagrant, at a pace of about one every
> > >other day for five months... and ignored them. She "told police that
> > >she drove above the speed limit because she was late to meetings and
> > >didn't think anything would happen to her for ignoring the tickets."
> > >
> > >What happened to her turned out to be five days in the calaboose and
> > >ten grand in penalties...
> > >
> > >--Joe "You could miss a lot of meetings in five days" Chew

> > That's all she got for 80 speeding crimes???? That's criminal
> > coddling. She should have been thrown in prison for years and never
> > been allowed to drive again.

> It really is. A good chunk of her tickets were "dropped" because of the
> plea bargain. This dumb bitch should have had to pay every cent show
> OWES to Scottsdale before ever being allowed to drive again.

Something seems ot be missing here. In my state with photo radar
speeding tickets, you CAN ignore them unless and until you are legally
and properly served by law enforcement. Mailing you a ticket just
doesn't cut it, although about 80% send in their payments with no
further "outreach" by the courts.

But without proper legal service, how could this woman have been held
accountable?

Old November 16th 06, 07:43 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Motorhead Lawyer

necromancer wrote:
> Ladies and Gentlemen (and I use those words loosely), GK said in
> rec.autos.driving:

> > I'm wondering if she could've got all the tickets dismissed because
> > around here the speed limit signs do not specify any UNITS. I.E. the
> > sign will read "Speed Limit 65" but not mention 65 what.
> > Could be 65 cups of coffee per trip or 65 anything else.

> I think that furlongs per fortnight is loco laura's favorite unit for
> velocity.

Which, if you're too lazy to look it up and do the calculations, is
0.000372 mph.
--
C.R. Krieger
(Been there; done that)

Old November 16th 06, 11:47 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer[_1_]

Ladies and Gentlemen (and I use those words loosely), Motorhead Lawyer
said in rec.autos.driving:
> necromancer wrote:
> > Ladies and Gentlemen (and I use those words loosely), GK said in
> > rec.autos.driving:

> > > I'm wondering if she could've got all the tickets dismissed because
> > > around here the speed limit signs do not specify any UNITS. I.E. the
> > > sign will read "Speed Limit 65" but not mention 65 what.
> > > Could be 65 cups of coffee per trip or 65 anything else.

> > I think that furlongs per fortnight is loco laura's favorite unit for
> > velocity.

> Which, if you're too lazy to look it up and do the calculations, is
> 0.000372 mph.

Off hand, I'd say that that is the safest maximum speed for SADDAM to
operate its vehicle.

--
"Hell i once painted a whole car with a bunch of spray cans."
--Laura Bush murdered her boyfriend, 3/29/06

Ref:http://tinyurl.com/qqaeq
Message ID:
Old November 17th 06, 01:52 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
MLOM

necromancer wrote:
> Ladies and Gentlemen (and I use those words loosely), Motorhead Lawyer
> said in rec.autos.driving:
> > necromancer wrote:
> > > Ladies and Gentlemen (and I use those words loosely), GK said in
> > > rec.autos.driving:

> > > I think that furlongs per fortnight is loco laura's favorite unit for
> > > velocity.

> > Which, if you're too lazy to look it up and do the calculations, is
> > 0.000372 mph.

> Off hand, I'd say that that is the safest maximum speed for SADDAM to
> operate its vehicle.
>
> --
> "Hell i once painted a whole car with a bunch of spray cans."
> --Laura Bush murdered her boyfriend, 3/29/06
>
> Ref:http://tinyurl.com/qqaeq
> Message ID:

SADDAM wouldn't be safe at that speed in worn-out sneakers.

Old November 19th 06, 12:02 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic
John F. Carr

In article <mcQ5h.1258$Jd3.1007@trnddc07>,
GK > wrote:
>I'm wondering if she could've got all the tickets dismissed because
>around here the speed limit signs do not specify any UNITS. I.E. the
>sign will read "Speed Limit 65" but not mention 65 what.
>Could be 65 cups of coffee per trip or 65 anything else.

That has been tried often enough that there are reported
court decisions in a few states saying everybody knows
that the sign means miles per hour.

--
John Carr )