REQ: 1995 Jetta Radio Reset?

Old October 26th 04, 03:44 AM
Jeff

Default REQ: 1995 Jetta Radio Reset?

Can anyone tell me how to reset my radio? Someone worked on my car and
disconnected the battery. Now the radio is asking for some sort of code
before it will play. Help, please.

Old October 26th 04, 05:13 AM
IWishIknew

Hey Jeff, you have a couple of options, check the front inside of the
owners manual (sometimes the saleman write t there) or on a card in the
owners packet. Also there is supposed to be a sticker in the truck, I have
heard around the spare tire area, couldn't find it on mine. In the worst
case senario... the dealer can give you the factory set code for your
radio... but he needs the serial number off your radio. This can be
obtained from the right side of the radio... yes inside the dash. To get
the radio out, requires a special tool.... or you can make your own
tool... a good heavy duty, stiff wire coathanger will do the trick.. cut
two 8 or 9 inch pieces... bend them in the shape of a "U" to match up with
the four holes on the faceplate of your radio... one hole at each corner...
insert the "U"'s into the face of the radio at the same time and gently
pull the radio out of the dash... not too much so as not to unplug the
wires... a couple of inches should allow you to see the serial number....
you may need to pull out the "blank" plug to the right side of the
radio..(or at least mine was blank) and shine light into the dash to see
the #. Hope this helps, good luck

Question: Regarding wheel offset and WTB: 1995 Jetta III steel wheel Timothy J. Richter VW water cooled 4 March 10th 07 04:51 PM
Radio Code?? Parent Honda 6 April 15th 05 03:11 AM
Proper Air Pressure for 1995 Jetta 14" wheels.. Timothy J. Richter VW water cooled 5 October 24th 04 01:15 AM
1995 Jetta transmission Rick VW water cooled 1 September 22nd 04 01:58 PM
On-board Radio Diagnostic Oppie Saturn 0 August 23rd 04 02:39 AM