Spooky break in

Old June 6th 04, 08:53 AM
Dutchie

"Alfistagj" > wrote in message
news:5H2wc.1472$9n5.1465@amstwist00...

> "Dutchie" > schreef in bericht
>
> > With me, they stole my CD player with all discs in it. Insurance company
> > only payed 25% of the value, saying, the player and the discs were too

> old.
> >

> Tip:
> CD's are not covered by your car insurrance, but by your household
> insurrance (inboedelverzekering)!!
> It is considered "normal" to have up to 10CD's in your car (max of a
> changer), clothing (coat etc.), umbrella etc. provided they are not
> "exhibited" in the open but in the back.
> --
> Ciao from Holland
> AlfistaGJ (Gert-Jan)
> Alfa red 156 SW 1.8 Madeno tuned (2000)
> Golden Montreal (1973/4)

It WAS covered by the household insurance, but still, unless you can prove
otherwise, they only pay 12.50 euro per CD. You need to prove you bought
that particular CD within the last 4 weeks otherwise you only get 12.50. The
average price of my CDs is 22 euro.
Now I have copies of my CDs in my (new) CD player. Guess what will be
missing next time some idiot breaks in, steals nothing and leaves the car
only slightly damaged behind.

I am interested to see how other people can report a car-break in at the
police.
I went to the police station, but was told I needed to make an appointment.
Telling them I wanted to report a car-break-in and that I was at a police
station and not at my dentist only caused some hilarious laughter. However,
they told me I could file a report by telephone (again by first making an
appointment). At the agreed time, the police called me, took all the data
that was necessary (car ok, cd player stolen, cds stolen, no I did not allow
anybody to break into my car and steal my CD player, the usual) and -lo and
behold- 3 days later I got the report. If I had said that my camera and iPod
was stolen, they would have believed that as well.

The insurance company only asked if I had filed a report at the police, but
never wanted a copy.
I did not know fraud was so easy. Now I am an honest person, but this is
asking for it.

Paul

Old June 6th 04, 08:56 AM
Dutchie

"Yaddha" > wrote in message

> In Oud-Zuid? There are so many expensive cars in this area; could it
> be possible that AR is the easiest to break? (of Rover, BMW, Mercedes,
> expensive VWs, Saab, etc?)

No, Centrum

> Did that also happen here in Amsterdam?? Then I have to put some
> serious alarm on it, for these wheels are so damn cool...

Yep, same place. After that, the garage put some one-way bolts in them.
I was told it happens more often than you can imagine.
No idea how you are gonna replace a flat tire.

Old June 6th 04, 09:14 AM
Alfistagj

"Dutchie" > schreef in bericht

> The insurance company only asked if I had filed a report at the police,

but
> never wanted a copy.
> I did not know fraud was so easy. Now I am an honest person, but this is
> asking for it.
>
> Paul

That's the way they work.
They do randoms checks, you have to keep the originals for 3 years.
When they see you frauded, they go to court which they didn't do in the
past.

Old June 7th 04, 08:46 AM
Neuropean

On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 20:44:00 +0200, Yaddha
> wrote:

=>A couple of days ago, a filthy thief stole my nice JVC KD-LX10R
=>autoradio out of my 156 2.0 (02/2000). Lucky enough, there was no
=>scratch on the car, no holes underneath the door knob, no windows
=>smashed, nothing at all. The thief even removed the radio so neatly,
=>there were no marks on the dashboard or cables cut.
[.........]
=>Regards,
=>Yaddha - Black 256 2.0 Lusso / 2000

Hi,
I know it sounds like idiot-proofing, so please excuse-me for
asking....
Have you checked if any of the doors was bent out?
A lot of 156 were opened this way: bend the door outwards enough to
open it using the regular handle inside.
Sometimes it doesn't take much bending, and it might something you
don't notice immediately.
Neuropean
Old June 8th 04, 07:40 PM
Yaddha

On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 09:46:29 +0200, Neuropean > wrote:

>On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 20:44:00 +0200, Yaddha
> wrote:
>
>=>A couple of days ago, a filthy thief stole my autoradio out of my
>=>156 2.0 (02/2000).
>[.........]
>=>Regards,
>=>Yaddha - Black 256 2.0 Lusso / 2000
>
>Hi,
>I know it sounds like idiot-proofing, so please excuse-me for
>asking....
>Have you checked if any of the doors was bent out?
>A lot of 156 were opened this way: bend the door outwards enough to
>open it using the regular handle inside.
>Sometimes it doesn't take much bending, and it might something you
>don't notice immediately.
>Neuropean

After my visit to the dealer today I heard and saw what happened. It
is something like you just explained. Since I don't like to give too
much details on the Internet, I won't post it here, but am willing to
mail you and others that have interest in this, what happened...

Y.
Black 156 2.0 Lusso '2000
Old June 9th 04, 09:19 AM
DesmaisonLCM

Dans l'article >, Yaddha
>a écrit :

>After my visit to the dealer today I heard and saw what happened. It
>is something like you just explained. Since I don't like to give too
>much details on the Internet, I won't post it here, but am willing to
>mail you and others that have interest in this, what happened...

can you mail me how they do to go in your car without destroying anything? My
156 is always in the street in my city and it's not pleasant to see that
someone can go in easely !
TIA,