More On Left Lane Driving

Old December 5th 04, 02:44 PM
Harry K

Alexander Rogge > wrote in message >...
> > We've tried explaining it to you until we're
> > blue in the screen, but you just don't seem to (want to) get it.

> What Windows might say:
>
> "A Fatal Exception Error has occurred in module Incompetent Driver.
> Illegal Operation in Lane 1. The application Driving has been halted.
> You must now restart your car."

What all competent drivers do say "keep right except to pass"

Harry K
Old December 5th 04, 03:42 PM
Big Bill

On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 02:01:31 GMT, Dave Head > wrote:

>On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 23:07:46 GMT, 223rem > wrote:
>
>>Dave Head wrote:
>>
>>> If _I_ am in the left lane, you _will_ be able to get around because the
>>> right lane will be clear, most of the time.

>>Can you clarify the above statement please? I was trying to understand it,
>>but couldnt. How do you magically clear the right lane?

>Simple.
>
>1) At 7 mph over the limit, I am passing most everything else around here.
>Nothing is keeping pace with me on the right. The right lane is mostly clear.

You keep saying this, and I wonder where you drive (I don't keep track
of such things).
Out here in the Southwest, 7 over will get you passed by just about
everyone on an Interstate.

--
Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"
Old December 5th 04, 08:00 PM
Jim Yanik

Dave Head > wrote in
:

> On 5 Dec 2004 03:51:28 GMT, Jim Yanik .> wrote:
>
>>Dave Head > wrote in
m:

>>> OK, say I stay right and the typical duckling comes up and sits on
>>> my left rear at 62 mph. Now _he's_ an LLB that people _can't_ get
>>> around and I'm an _enabler_

>>I don't consider you an "enabler" because you are doing what you are
>>supposed to be doing.The LLB is the one doing the blocking.
>>It's not your duty to let people around him.

> Yabbut... if I drive left, I can prevent these situations (without
> increasing my liklihood of having bad things happening like tickets,
> accidents, etc.)

Then you break the law,and BLOCK the left lane. You know you're doing
it,it's just MFFY. BTW,you are more likely to garner police attention by
being in the LEFT lane than by keeping right.

>>> Fact is, there's gonna be an LLB one way or the other, most of the
>>> time. If I stay in the right lane, you won't be able to get around
>>> the LLB in the left lane. If _I_ am in the left lane, you _will_ be
>>> able to get around because the right lane will be clear, most of the
>>> time.
>>>
>>> Dave Head
>>>

>>All this is just rationalization of your doing the wrong thing.
>>(left-lane driving)

> Wrong by your anachronistic thinking, that's all. This stuff usta be
> the thing to do. Not anymore. There's no real law saying you have to
> drive in the right lane lotsa places

Uh,YES there are such laws.KRETP is not anachronistic thinking,either.
There are good reasons for it,that have not changed.

> - as Jaybird has pointed out in
> the thread about the cop doing 90 in the left lane for miles - and its
> not enforced _anywhere_ I know of.

Jasybird is just another cop who thinks the laws are for others and not him
and his police buddies.

Enforced or not,lane discipline makes for better driving for ALL.

Someday,you may encounter the law being enforced,hopefully.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik-at-kua.net
Old December 5th 04, 08:00 PM
Jim Yanik

Dave Head > wrote in
:

Old December 6th 04, 03:15 PM
Dave Head

:

:

>>>I don't consider you an "enabler" because you are doing what you are
>>>supposed to be doing.The LLB is the one doing the blocking.
>>>It's not your duty to let people around him.

>> Yabbut... if I drive left, I can prevent these situations (without
>> increasing my liklihood of having bad things happening like tickets,
>> accidents, etc.)

>Then you break the law,and BLOCK the left lane.

I should worry about this, a law that is not enforced? Hell, I'm _already_
breakin' the law by being 7 over the limit; anyone wanting to pass me is
breakin' it "worse" <G>.

>You know you're doing
>it,it's just MFFY.

Just like people that are on my tail and want to go faster - they don't give a
rip that they're 7 over the limit and wanting to do 10 or 15 or 20.
Everybody's putting themselves first, it seems.

>BTW,you are more likely to garner police attention by
>being in the LEFT lane than by keeping right.

Not in my experience, 'cuz I can't _stay_ in the left lane. I keep catching
slower cars, then it's back and forth, back and forth passing and returing,
passing and returning, and _that_ gets police attention.

Dave Head

Old December 6th 04, 03:15 PM
Dave Head

:

:

Old December 6th 04, 05:19 PM
Bernard Farquart

"Dave Head" > wrote in message

> Just like people that are on my tail and want to go faster - they don't
> give a
> rip that they're 7 over the limit and wanting to do 10 or 15 or 20.
> Everybody's putting themselves first, it seems.

How is someone elses speed any problem for you?
If you are driving propperly, and keeping right, they have
no effect on you by passing you at whatever speed they are
going. You , on the other hand, are forcing people to slow
down, wait to see if you will move over (as could reasonably
be expected) then proceed around you on the right,
unsure if you are going to suddenly move over to your
right, your behavior is unquestionably worse than theirs.

Old December 6th 04, 05:19 PM
Bernard Farquart

Old December 6th 04, 07:08 PM
Brent P

In article >, Dave Head wrote:
> OK, say I stay right and the typical duckling comes up and sits on my left rear
> at 62 mph. Now _he's_ an LLB that people _can't_ get around and I'm an
> _enabler_ for not accelerating or braking.

Um no. an _enabler_ is a person who stops/slows all the traffic behind
him by letting a shoulder passer or some other MFFY type in.

> Then we both catch a slower car, I get slowed down to 58 mph or whatever, and
> you get 2 cars in the right lane plus the duckling doing the LLB thing. So, if
> I stay in the right lane, things just get worse for everybody.

> At least when I drive left, the duckling is scraped off periodically by the
> slower car in the right lane, and other people can pass me just fine... on the
> right.

And if you come across the slower car in the left lane it's even WORSE.

> Fact is, there's gonna be an LLB one way or the other, most of the time. If I
> stay in the right lane, you won't be able to get around the LLB in the left
> lane. If _I_ am in the left lane, you _will_ be able to get around because the
> right lane will be clear, most of the time.

You are just looking for excuses for driving badly because so many others
do. I can think of many more in the same vein, still doesn't make them
right.

Old December 6th 04, 07:08 PM
Brent P