Clutch slipping - looking for reputable shop in Richmond, VA

Old April 16th 06, 11:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,alt.honda

Default Clutch slipping - looking for reputable shop in Richmond, VA

"Brian Smith" > wrote in

> "Crystal" > wrote in message
> . 97.131...
>>
>> Driving slow makes me nervous unless I have a good stereo system to
>> mellow me out.

> To make the roads safer, perhaps you shouldn't be placed in a position
> of having care and control of a vehicle then. {;^)

400k+ driving experience, 90% of it over the speed limit, never even came
close to an accident. 2 reckless tickets and 2 equipment violations though.
Not too happy about those.
Old April 17th 06, 12:28 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,alt.honda

"Crystal" > wrote in message
. 97.131...

> 400k+ driving experience, 90% of it over the speed limit, never even came
> close to an accident. 2 reckless tickets and 2 equipment violations
> though.
> Not too happy about those.

I rest my case. You don't belong on the road.

Old April 17th 06, 12:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,alt.honda

"Brian Smith" > wrote in

> "Crystal" > wrote in message
> . 97.131...
>>
>> 400k+ driving experience, 90% of it over the speed limit, never even
>> came close to an accident. 2 reckless tickets and 2 equipment
>> violations though.
>> Not too happy about those.

> I rest my case. You don't belong on the road.

I won't argue with you. Too bad you can't do anything about it, aye? I
rest my case.
Old April 17th 06, 02:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,alt.honda

On 4/16/2006 6:28 PM Brian Smith spake these words of knowledge:

> "Crystal" > wrote in message
> . 97.131...
>>
>> 400k+ driving experience, 90% of it over the speed limit, never even came
>> close to an accident. 2 reckless tickets and 2 equipment violations
>> though.
>> Not too happy about those.

> I rest my case. You don't belong on the road.

I'd just like to say, "**** you, son; get the stick out of your ass."
Isn't usenet great? You get to be a self-righteous ignorant prig and I
get to be a vulgar *******. Ahh.

RFT!!!
Dave Kelsen
--
I don't know what your problem is, but I'll bet it's hard to pronounce.
Old April 17th 06, 10:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,alt.honda

"Crystal" > wrote in message
. 97.131...

> I won't argue with you. Too bad you can't do anything about it, aye? I
> rest my case.

Ah, there is where you are wrong. Here one can take note of the time,
location antics of a driver, licence plate and lay a complaint with the
police. They will then locate the driver and lay charges, for what was
observed and reported. So pay attention to the job at hand when you're
operating a vehicle, the same ability might be available to your neighbours.

Old April 17th 06, 10:26 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,alt.honda

"Dave Kelsen" > wrote in message
om...

> I'd just like to say, "**** you, son; get the stick out of your ass."
> Isn't usenet great? You get to be a self-righteous ignorant prig and I
> get to be a vulgar *******. Ahh.

As a professional driver with many miles under my wheels without an incident
of any kind. I have to say that I have seen a lot of stupidity by small
vehicle drivers that have caused a lot of death and destruction, just
because they were operating without due care and control of their charges.
What you have to say, doesn't amount to a very high pile of crap at all.
{;^)

Old April 17th 06, 12:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,alt.honda

"Brian Smith" > wrote in

> "Crystal" > wrote in message
> . 97.131...
>>
>> I won't argue with you. Too bad you can't do anything about it, aye?
>> I rest my case.

> Ah, there is where you are wrong. Here one can take note of the time,
> location antics of a driver, licence plate and lay a complaint with
> the police. They will then locate the driver and lay charges, for what
> was observed and reported. So pay attention to the job at hand when
> you're operating a vehicle, the same ability might be available to
> your neighbours.

Like I said, too bad you can't do anything about it, aye?
Old April 17th 06, 12:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,alt.honda

Professional driver. That's funny **** man.
Old April 17th 06, 02:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,alt.honda

Okay... so we have a contributor who says he is a professional driver (a
credible claim - there is nothing rare about that) and another who admits to
speeding as a regular exercise, thinks 400K is a long driving record and
replies "Professional driver. That's funny **** man." Who is the more
credible?

I'm not a pro driver (although I have recently been putting 1000 hwy miles a
week on my company truck... northern Arizona is a pretty large service
area), but I certainly passed the million mile mark some time ago. Long
before that I decided speeding is a fool's game; increased risk of
unspeakable horror without tangible gain is not smart.

Every experienced driver has known at least one time he or she wished with
all of his or her heart to be going slower or that the brakes would stop
quicker. Why on earth would somebody deliberately throw away the opportunity
to make that come true?

Mike

Old April 17th 06, 02:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,alt.honda

"Michael Pardee" > wrote in
:

> Okay... so we have a contributor who says he is a professional driver
> (a credible claim - there is nothing rare about that) and another who
> admits to speeding as a regular exercise, thinks 400K is a long
> driving record and replies "Professional driver. That's funny ****
> man." Who is the more credible?
>
> I'm not a pro driver (although I have recently been putting 1000 hwy
> miles a week on my company truck... northern Arizona is a pretty large
> service area), but I certainly passed the million mile mark some time
> ago. Long before that I decided speeding is a fool's game; increased
> risk of unspeakable horror without tangible gain is not smart.
>
> Every experienced driver has known at least one time he or she wished
> with all of his or her heart to be going slower or that the brakes
> would stop quicker. Why on earth would somebody deliberately throw
> away the opportunity to make that come true?
>
> Mike

Sure, maybe you're right, but it's not his place to judge me. Even if he
is a professional driver, I have many friends who are "professional"
drivers, with sponsors and the whole 9 yards. They don't judge me. If he
thinks I'm going to just up and slow down because he's a "pro" he can
eat a dick. And the comment about women drivers was uncalled for.
Anyways I'm out of this thread.