Spark Plugs for 89

Old August 25th 04, 06:54 PM
Black Bomb

Default Spark Plugs for 89

Hi

I'll be changing my spark plugs soon. I was just wondering if any of you
used other brands other than the GM brand. Results?

Thanks

Dan
89 Coupe Blk on Blk

Old August 25th 04, 11:13 PM
BenF802961

>Date: 8/25/04 12:54 PM Central

>Hi
>
>I'll be changing my spark plugs soon. I was just wondering if any of you
>used other brands other than the GM brand. Results?

I just use AC Delcos. Some people use Bosch. I heard a few pros and cons about
them.
Old August 25th 04, 11:13 PM
BenF802961

Old August 26th 04, 01:07 AM
Wayne Johnson

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 13:54:53 -0400, "Black Bomb"
> wrote:

>Hi
>
>I'll be changing my spark plugs soon. I was just wondering if any of you
>used other brands other than the GM brand. Results?
>
>Thanks
>
>Dan
>89 Coupe Blk on Blk

I have Bosch in my '88 - no problems.

-Wayne

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."
- last words of Pancho Villa (1877-1923)
Old August 26th 04, 01:07 AM
Wayne Johnson

Old August 26th 04, 02:04 PM
Black Bomb

Thanks Guys...

I had Bosch in mind, but I also heard a few pros and cons about
them. I'll stick to AC's for now...

Dan

Old August 26th 04, 02:04 PM
Black Bomb

Old August 26th 04, 03:27 PM
Tedd Riggs

Dan,
Either way you get good plugs. I recently put in the Bosch Platinum+4 (4
electrodes) and they seem very good, maybe 50 RPM idle increase and random
pinging at times has not come back.
http://www.boschusa.com/AutoParts/Sp...PlatinumPlus4/

Plus kinda weird to see on Spark Plugs, a money back guarantee !

"Bosch Platinum+4 Satisfaction Guarantee
Robert Bosch Corporation guarantees that you will feel the

improved performance in your vehicle when you use Bosch

Platinum+4 spark plugs. If you do not experience smoother

acceleration, improved fuel efficiency and optimal engine

performance, return the plugs with your dated sales receipt

and Bosch will refund the purchase price of the spark

plugs"

--
Tedd Riggs
Redmond, WA