Expedition Recall????

Old March 28th 05, 09:53 PM
Big Bill

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 07:56:18 -0500, "C. E. White"
> wrote:

>NJ Vike wrote:
>>
>> I was just told my a relative that she had heard that there's a recall on
>> the Expedition. She heard that the cruise control unit can catch on fire
>> whether used or not and that someone's Expy caught fire and burned down the
>> house as the owner has the Expy parked in his attached garage.
>>
>> I did a search and didn't find anything or hear from Ford. Has anyone else
>> heard about this?

>Not all models are affected. At the moment, Ford is only
>recalling 2000 model year Expeditions. That is subject to
>change, sinc ehte same system was employed from 1997 through
>2002. See
>http://www.detnews.com/2005/autosins...tos-126582.htm
>.
>
>Ed

Nope, there's a new recall...
http://www.vehicle-injuries.com/ford...ition-fire.htm
--
Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"
Old March 29th 05, 05:06 AM
Big Bill

On 28 Mar 2005 09:04:17 -0800, "Joe" > wrote:

>Anyone know if my 2001 Lincoln Navigator is effected by this recall?
>Thanks,
>Joe

Yes, it is.

Old March 29th 05, 02:05 PM
C. E. White

Big Bill wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 14:51:16 -0700, Scott and Kathy Stone
> > wrote:
>
> >NJ Vike wrote:
> >
> >> I was just told my a relative that she had heard that there's a recall on
> >> the Expedition. She heard that the cruise control unit can catch on fire
> >> whether used or not and that someone's Expy caught fire and burned down the
> >> house as the owner has the Expy parked in his attached garage.
> >>
> >> I did a search and didn't find anything or hear from Ford. Has anyone else
> >> heard about this?
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >>

> >Yea, its real. I got my recall notice about a month ago. You need to
> >unplug the cruise control. The dealer will do it... watch where he does
> >his deed, so you know where to do it yourself.
> >
> >The parts are not available until April or May for the repair, so they
> >are dissabling the cruises right now until the parts are in.

> There's a now recall that covers more model years than that one...
> http://www.vehicle-injuries.com/ford...ition-fire.htm

This is the same link as before. Only one model year of
Exeditions is coverd (so far). "The recalled vehicles
include model year 2000 Ford F-150s, Ford Expeditions and
Lincoln Navigators. Also affected are 2001 F-Series Super
crew trucks made at the same time." This is not change.
There is an "investigation" of other models and years, but
it is still only an investigation.

Ed
Old March 29th 05, 02:07 PM
C. E. White

Big Bill wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 07:56:18 -0500, "C. E. White"
> > wrote:
>

> >NJ Vike wrote:
> >>
> >> I was just told my a relative that she had heard that there's a recall on
> >> the Expedition. She heard that the cruise control unit can catch on fire
> >> whether used or not and that someone's Expy caught fire and burned down the
> >> house as the owner has the Expy parked in his attached garage.
> >>
> >> I did a search and didn't find anything or hear from Ford. Has anyone else
> >> heard about this?

> >Not all models are affected. At the moment, Ford is only
> >recalling 2000 model year Expeditions. That is subject to
> >change, sinc ehte same system was employed from 1997 through
> >2002. See
> >http://www.detnews.com/2005/autosins...tos-126582.htm
> >.
> >
> >Ed

> Nope, there's a new recall...
> http://www.vehicle-injuries.com/ford...ition-fire.htm

"The recalled vehicles include model year 2000 Ford F-150s,
Ford Expeditions and Lincoln Navigators. Also affected are
2001 F-Series Super crew trucks made at the same time."

This is the same as before. The article is written to make
it seem like there is already a recall for other models and
years, but so far this is not the case. An investigation is
not a recall.

Ed
Old March 29th 05, 02:09 PM
C. E. White

Big Bill wrote:

> On 28 Mar 2005 09:04:17 -0800, "Joe" > wrote:
>
> >Anyone know if my 2001 Lincoln Navigator is effected by this recall?
> >Thanks,
> >Joe

> Yes, it is.
> http://www.vehicle-injuries.com/ford...ition-fire.htm

No it is not. Read the article. "The recalled vehicles
include model year 2000 Ford F-150s, Ford Expeditions and
Lincoln Navigators. Also affected are 2001 F-Series Super
crew trucks made at the same time." There is no mention of
2001 Lincoln Navigators being recalled. 2001 Super crew
F150s are part of the recall, 2001 Navigators are not - at
least not yet.

Ed
Old March 29th 05, 06:13 PM
Big Bill

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 08:05:43 -0500, "C. E. White"
> wrote:

>Big Bill wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 14:51:16 -0700, Scott and Kathy Stone
>> > wrote:

>> >Yea, its real. I got my recall notice about a month ago. You need to
>> >unplug the cruise control. The dealer will do it... watch where he does
>> >his deed, so you know where to do it yourself.
>> >
>> >The parts are not available until April or May for the repair, so they
>> >are dissabling the cruises right now until the parts are in.

>> There's a now recall that covers more model years than that one...
>> http://www.vehicle-injuries.com/ford...ition-fire.htm

>This is the same link as before. Only one model year of
>Exeditions is coverd (so far). "The recalled vehicles
>include model year 2000 Ford F-150s, Ford Expeditions and
>Lincoln Navigators. Also affected are 2001 F-Series Super
>crew trucks made at the same time." This is not change.
>There is an "investigation" of other models and years, but
>it is still only an investigation.
>
>Ed

My error; it's an investigation.
I heard it reported on radio news as a recall.

--
Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"
Old March 29th 05, 07:00 PM
C. E. White

Big Bill wrote:

> >This is the same link as before. Only one model year of
> >Exeditions is coverd (so far). "The recalled vehicles
> >include model year 2000 Ford F-150s, Ford Expeditions and
> >Lincoln Navigators. Also affected are 2001 F-Series Super
> >crew trucks made at the same time." This is not change.
> >There is an "investigation" of other models and years, but
> >it is still only an investigation.
> >
> >Ed

> My error; it's an investigation.
> I heard it reported on radio news as a recall.

This is exactly why I get mad a sites like the one you
referred to. Trial lawyers routinely fed the media with
misinformation in an attempt to create a public preception
of a major problem. It is just fishing for clients, or more
correctly trying to create clients.

Ed
Old March 30th 05, 12:35 AM
NJ Vike

I went to the dealer and inquired about it and they had said that only the
2000 model was at risk and that they were disconnecting the cable under the
new ones arrived in April some time.

Ken

--
"Now Phoebe Snow direct can go
from thirty-third to Buffalo.

Old March 30th 05, 12:36 AM
NJ Vike

Is it any wonder why Lawyers are so despised?

--
"Now Phoebe Snow direct can go
from thirty-third to Buffalo.
From Broadway bright the tubes run right
Into the Road of Anthracite"
Erie - Lackawanna

Old March 30th 05, 11:46 PM
Big Bill

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 23:35:47 GMT, "NJ Vike"
> wrote:

>I went to the dealer and inquired about it and they had said that only the
>2000 model was at risk and that they were disconnecting the cable under the
>new ones arrived in April some time.
>
>Ken

Well, when I ask any vendor about which of his products are faulty, I
fully expect him to only admit to those for which a recall has been
issued.
I do *not* expect him to outline all known or suspected faults.
That's why I seldom ask such questions of a vendor.

--
Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"